Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K750i

• 20-11-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be switching over to O2 bill next week. Was originally gonna get the 6230i (since it'll be free), but the dude in the shop recommended the K750i instead ....

Which is the better phone? I'm a bit of a Nokia head, so I'd kinda prefer to stick with Nokia, but the people in the shop said the K750i was far superior ...

Or maybe a different other SE phone would be better? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks a mil everyone :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

I always used nokia all my life and swithed to 750i..and glad I did it.. best part is comes with usb cable and 64mb memory card where 6230i only comes with 32mb card and No USB cable. Even Camera is far better in 750i. If you planning to sync with Pc/Mac(even better) works great..
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ive heard k750i is amazing my friends have it and the camera is much better than the 6230i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

k750i, is the winner, its a phone attached to a camera :D
    and there is a light aswell for using it at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭biofreak

Definatly get the K750i. As soon as you switch from using Nokias to Sony Ericsson, you will never look back. I know i didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What's the memory like for storing text messages? I know with most Nokia phones, it's 150 texts to the phone memory, and 25 or so depending on your SIM card.

What's the standard for the K750i?? I know it's kinda a nitty-gritty thing, but it'd kinda bug me if the space was less than the Nokia's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Sony E, has nearly 100mb of memory. You can store as many as you can write...

I got the K750i recently and am delighted with it. I have had a couple of SE's in the past and swore I'd never get one again, but am realy happy with this one.

BTW. I wouldn't get a Nokia in a fit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

its comes with 100mb memory alright but you cant save text messages in that. I've to emty my sent messages frequently to keep more in Inbox. think its holding only 100. Not sure if can increase the size of inbox so that it can use phone/memory card space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Sparky_S wrote:
    its a phone attached to a camera :D

hence the term 'camera phone' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

K750i was my choice over the 6230i aswell.

- the messages are still limited to your phone memory and you can store about 150 before it starts to warn you it's full and you need to delete some

- the mp3 player beats the nokia one hands down, the camera is quality and the "proper camera feel" is a major bonus

- the joystick makes a welcome change to "boring" arrow-key navigation too in my opinion

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ciaranfo wrote:
    - the messages are still limited to your phone memory and you can store about 150 before it starts to warn you it's full and you need to delete some

Not too sure about that, my fone has loads of memory but I can only hold about 60/70 text messages.
    A bit of a difference coming from my 6630 - never full of messages!

But to the op, the K750i is a great fone, I had nokias before and it did take a wee while to get used to to the SE, but I do perfer it now.
    as above better camera, better MP3 player.
    I got a 1 gig mem card and a flash for mine - 2 well recommended accessories
    like a proper Camera/MP3 player too now!

Mik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

Originally Posted by mik_da_man
    - Not too sure about that, my fone has loads of memory but I can only hold about 60/70 text messages.
    A bit of a difference coming from my 6630 - never full of messages!

I have about 90/95 texts in the fone at the moment between the inbox and sent messages and haven't gotten any warning telling me to delete texts to free up memory. But I would still like to know exactly how many the fone can hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I had about 80 sent and about 80 recieved .. told me 95% full. Soon after then it tells you it's full. There's no option like the Nokia either to overwrite old read messages.. but it's a minor thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have 380 messages in my inbox on my 6680 and some more in sent items.
    It's really great as I hardly ever have to delete messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I can't say I had a 6230 for long, I just played with a friends for a while some months ago, now that I have my K750i, I can definately say, I'm glad I waited for it's glorious arrival.

I <3 My K750i :D

Advertisement