Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of motivation

• 20-11-2005 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Basically I have no motivation to get with girls any more. I'm just don't feel interested in getting with anyone or trying to pull etc. I have no motivation. I don't even fancy girls any more. I havn't liked a girl in about three years. I'm not bi sexual or gay or anything. It's like I have become a straight kind of A-sexual. I'm not bothered with having good friends either. I seem to be able to cope fairly well on my own. I'm not very emotional most of the time. Sometimes I feel lonely etc. It's a real pain in the arse because I'm 19 now and every now and again it gets lonely. Maybe I'm just picky or something. I don't realy know what I'm doing posting this, I supose it's to get it off my chest. It would be reasuring to get a second opinion on what ever the hell is wrong. Am I just the ultimate lazy person?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

By being messed around a few years ago by guys i went like youself, just o motivation and i got fed up making an effort to go out, see my mates. just in general i was fed up but it does go away....one day i just wanted to be out on anight out and on the oull again.

I dont really know what your going through but I know it does stop and you can help that! Your only 19. its so young so get out there and just try and have a laugh. Maybe your just doing to much thinking and not enough acting!

you say you haventy liked i a girl in three years...since you were 16....girls only get better as they get older so get out there and have fun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

last year, i pretty much went through what you've described except im a 21 yr old female, tbh i just thought i had depression or something, i just felt absolutely 'empty' i couldn't be bothered trying to befriend people because i felt pretty indifferent towards 99.9% of people on my college course and i didnt want friends i only had one person who i considered a friend and i felt that was enough, on one hand i was perfectly content to be on my own , but every now and then i'd realise just how alone i was and i'd cry myself to sleep it just didnt make sense. as for guys,i lost all interest ,i'd see/talk to guys who were goodlooking or whatever who normally i would fancy but i felt nothing..it alternated between days of feeling utterly alone, depressed, or absolute numbness which was the worst.

i am beginning to overcome it though i think, mainly because i've started to fancy a guy again which i thought would never happen...so i understand where you're coming from it does get better.

Advertisement