Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Results - Point Theatre (19/11)

• 20-11-2005 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I just got back from the Point having watched the Raw show. Here are the results in full:

- Shelton def. Rob Conway & Nick Nemeth in a 3 way dance

- Tomko and Snitsky def. Val and Viscera

- Tajiri def. Carlito by Disqualification

- Big Show and Kane def. Cade and Murdoch

- HBK and Ric Flair def. Triple H and Chris Masters

- Trish Stratus def. Victoria

- John Cena def. Kurt Angle (Special Ref Bischoff)

Highs

- The amazing respect shown to Eddie Guerrero. I was afraid there would be one or two morons who would spoil it (you know how it is) however this was not the case. EVERYBODY showed Eddie respect and there was total silence for the 10-bell salute and huge Eddie chants before and after it. Well done Irish fans.

- Carlito's support. We just love that guy. I liked the "Get a haircut" chant.:)

- Triple H's comedy. I never knew how funny this guy could be! Michaels pulled down his pants and you could see his arse for ages. He even went up on the turnbuckle with his pants down! Also, he went for an elbow drop on Flair but Flair stuck out his leg nailing Triple H and we wondered if he would regain his balance but he didn't and he fell down to much laughter. Good stuff from The Game.:D

- Trish's wrestling. I was very impressed with Trish Stratus. She did an amzing counter to that twirly side slam thing that Victoria does by turning it into a hurricanrana.

- Near the end when Cena had the Irish flag and he pointed up towards the heavens out of respect to Eddie. This started more Eddie chants and a "Thank you Eddie" chant.

Lows

- No one spoke on the mic except for Lillian. I was hoping to hear the fans get slagged off the way JBL has done on the Smackdown shows. I was certain Triple H would get on the mic but this didn't happen which was disappointing.

- They announced the next dates for the UK tour - but they're not coming to Ireland. They're coming to Belfast but fans here don't care about that. It was stupid I think for the WWE to make this announcement and I'm annoyed they're not coming back. Bah!

- I almost got one of the shirts Lillian threw but I narrowly missed out to some other guy. Damn it anyway. There were no Eddie shirts for sale as far as I know which was disappointing.

- Matches were too short I thought. The evening ended at 10. When I went to the last show at The Point which had Undertaker vs Orlando Jordan in the main event, the evening ended after 11. There were too many tag matches. I would have preferred to see Flair vs Triple H and HBK vs Masters rather than the tag match. Ah well.

Overall I thought it was a good show but the lack of mic talk was a bit disappointing. Shame they're not heading to Dublin any time soon as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was at the show thanks to my free ticket I managed to get today! I wasn't that impressed by it, I felt vindicated in not originally going out to buy a ticket

Cade and Murdoch impressed me the most. I didn't understand why Bischoff didn't just do a fast count on Cena, it would have been all his problems for the past few months solved in a second.. And why did Chioda count the pin after what happened the last ref who did that? I don't like the way they do things like that, it could easily be avoided

Thought it was funny with the Angle/Cena chants, the Cena chants were clearly by all the kids, and the Angle chants were by the older (and more intelligent!) fans

One thing I thought was amazing was the presence of a certain someone at ringside. When I saw him, I was shocked, so I got my mate to zoom in with his camera in case I was mistaken..but I wasn't, sittin there at ringside for the full event was Ricky Steamboat! Second best wrestler in the building, and he was doing some security work. Noticed a few people who recognised him, slapping hands with him. I would have started a Steamboat chant if I had been nearer the ring. Legend

Only way I'll be going back for any WWE shows here is if CM Punk is on the card

Oh yeah, and the IwW show on Monday was so much better than this, and for less than a quarter the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Thought it was funny with the Angle/Cena chants, the Cena chants were clearly by all the kids, and the Angle chants were by the older (and more intelligent!) fans

Yeah I noticed that myself!

I didn't see Steamboat at ringside though when I was at the one in the RDS, my friend told me he was there though again I didn't see him.

My friend is a massive fan of IWW and he said like yourself that their recent show was alot better than Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PS: I forgot to mention, did you see Myleene Klass from Hearsay? She was there on the ground floor at the back and seemed nice enough as she was posing with some little kids. I think she presents CD UK.

This is her:

http://www.pophotties.com/Myleene%20Klass/myleene_klass3.jpg

She was wearing slightly more clothes though at The Point sadly.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

- Triple H's comedy. I never knew how funny this guy could be! Michaels pulled down his pants and you could see his arse for ages. He even went up on the turnbuckle with his pants down! Also, he went for an elbow drop on Flair but Flair stuck out his leg nailing Triple H and we wondered if he would regain his balance but he didn't and he fell down to much laughter. Good stuff from The Game.:D

The exact same thing happened at the First Raw show in the point a few years back 'cept it was good ol Rick Flair's Arse that was on view. Good Stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

so there werent ANY eddie shirts on sale at the event no?

damn...that gurl from hearsay lookin good in that pic:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Live4theMoment

The Show was Awesome!What let it down was that they were all knackered from doing a show in Coventry this afternoon.
    Triple H was freakin hilarious.
    For the record,I was chanting let's go Angle-me's a smart fan,I is

im on the guest list for tonights show?what does that mean lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

How did you do that? Were you that person who ran in and hugged Cena. I would have kicked him :D
    Show was good considering what happened. I had a feelin they would'nt be talkin on the mic as well. Was a shame no Eddie Guerrero T-shirts were on sale. Tag match between HHH and Masters Vs Flair and HBK was the highlight of the night imo but the show finished far too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Live4theMoment

I felt that Trish v Victoria was the more technical of all the matches,oddly enough.

You wouldn't know, maybe they've already got a backlog of Eddie shirts on order from the website, they mightn't have been able to afford bringing them on tour too

My mate got a great video of Steamboat when he came out for the Flair/HBK vs HHH/Masters match, he sat down beside Fit Finlay and put on a fake moustache

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    You wouldn't know, maybe they've already got a backlog of Eddie shirts on order from the website, they mightn't have been able to afford bringing them on tour too

My mate got a great video of Steamboat when he came out for the Flair/HBK vs HHH/Masters match, he sat down beside Fit Finlay and put on a fake moustache

yea it seems like everywhere you go to get a eddie tribute show they are sold out so thats why they probably didnt have them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Fozzy wrote:
    the Cena chants were clearly by all the kids, and the Angle chants were by the older (and more intelligent!) fans

More intelligent than kids? Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention the best thing about that saturday night was chanting "YOU SUCK" to Angle. I've always wanted to do that and was annoyed when i couldn't at smackdown early this year. I surpised no one else said it. All i need now is a "YOU SCREWED BRET" chant and i'll be set:D

Stalfos wrote:
    All i need now is a "YOU SCREWED BRET" chant and i'll be set:D

Ah, so you weren't at the Raw show in the Point two years ago? There was a guy sittin ringside dressed as Bret, got a great reaction when Shawn came out!

Advertisement