Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How would you find a song...

• 20-11-2005 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any websites that maintain an archive of the top pop charts?
    I'm trying to find a song but dunno the artist or song title. If i could look at some pop charts from last spring and summer maybe i can figure out what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Hi... why dont you just post a description. Tunes have often been guessed correctly from the vaguest of descriptions... Some of us have nothing better to do with our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Yeah give us a line from the song better yet type it into google and see what comes up. I think putting the lyrics in inverted commas and also typing the word: song :will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Funny i can't even think of how the song goes right now. Despite it was in my head all last weekend.
    Anyway, the song was played on the radio last spring/summer.
    Mostly tho i heard it watching tele on the weekend, on the pop video countdown, maybe MTV.

Anways it's sung by a male singer and the song woud be in the genre of James Blunt or that new guy Daniel Powter.
    **The unique thing about the song is that it has this particular pulsing rythm throughout, sounds a bit like a synthesized Bass or something**
    It's one of those songs where it can be hard to make out the lyrics.
    I thought the chorus line was somethign like: "I think you're beautiful" or "you think you're beautiful"
    (But it's not James Blunts "Beautiful")
    I remember the chorus line is sung a bit higher pitched, but i can't think of it atm.

The video (and this is fairly foggy memory) was in B&W and featured the singer who was dressed in a suit that may have been a beige colour, he wore one of those rimmed hats and largish square-rimmed glasses. I remember a blonde middle-aged woman in the video and also a younger prettier brunette, i remember wind in the video (reminisant of Gone with the Wind), maybe on a porch or near a pool. Also the video showed the singer in large convertible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Is it:

James Blunt - High

Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me.
    There is nothing else in the world,
    I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
    Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again.
    Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night.
    But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above.
    Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again.
    Do you remember the day when my journey began?
    Will you remember the end (of time)?
    Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again.
    Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine.
    High; running wild among all the stars above.
    Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
    Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
    Getting high; running wild among all the stars above.
    Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me

• Advertisement

Nice try.
    I like that song but infact, James Blunt: High is not it.
    TBH i that video being played today on the tele, whereas the one i'm looking for isn't.
    I think the one i'm looking for may be a sort of one-hit-wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

From the description, it sounds like Maroon 5 - She Will Be loved.

That's it Kolodny!

Cheers nice job.
    Just watched some of the video there and it's not even in B&W!
    Nor is the singer in a convertible, just some older cadillac or something.

How'd you guess it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

the song was a complete let down in the end!! joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

RedPlanet wrote:
    How'd you guess it?
    The video (older and younger woman and a pool) sounded vaguely familar as I've seen it on tv a few times and I knew it had the word 'beautiful' in it somewhere. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement