Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lacuna coil

• 20-11-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Anyone like these. Heard a couple of mp3's of a friend and they sound good. Does anyone know if they have any album's out, or have they been around for ages and have loads of cd's, and i've just never heard of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, they've been around for a while. I'd say get their album "In A Reverie" as that would be their best in my estimation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Yeah I agree with Mr Hungus. That album is by far the best. I dont like the new stuff, its a bit crap. They is looking for a bit of cash me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I disagree with Mr. Hungus. Get Coma Lies - preferably the 2 disc edition because the stuff on the bonus disc is also rather good.

In a Reverie isn't bad either, but I find it a bit flat compared to Coma Lies, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Yeah, they've been around for a while. I'd say get their album "In A Reverie" as that would be their best in my estimation.
    Thanks for that. I got "In A Reverie",and I love it. Brilliant cd. Listening to it now and it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got Comalies when it was first released and was impressed. Got the EP and In A Reverie, not as good, but still some cool songs on it. Kinda sick of them touring on the back of the success of 1 abum now, cos it was 2001 or 2002 when Comalies was released. They really need to get back into the studio now and release some new stuff!

• Advertisement

Good call. First Lacuna Coil I heard was "Unleased Memories" and I decided they were crap, but for some reason gave them a second chance after a few people recommended Coma Lies to me, and of course, ended up really liking them.

There was a song on their web site once, its probably still there. Its an old demo called "shallow end" its excellent! I wish they did more stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

mc nuggets wrote:
    Anyone like these. Heard a couple of mp3's of a friend and they sound good. Does anyone know if they have any album's out, or have they been around for ages and have loads of cd's, and i've just never heard of them.

theyre great. like finnish band nightwish. i have one song from them only though. but nighwish are deadly. opera voice like an angel contrasted with bass evil manly rumble with harmonic syphonic sounds blended in. mmmm.. slurp good enough to eat,listen to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lacuna Coil are good, but I prefer Nightwish, being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Lacuna Coil are brill! I only got into them there during the summer. Swamped would have to be one of my fav songs by them. Their videos are cool too lots of red and black flames.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

never knew ya had the cd phill. anywho just got some of there songs and they sound good i like em more that nighwish imo. i think i will hold out on buying tha album tho:rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BoobC

Heard their track 'Cold' on a sampler years ago and really liked it. But albumwise I've yet to hear a good one. Both Cormalies and Unleashed... have about 2 good track and a load of throwaway rubbish.
    Not recommended.

Try 'The Mist and the Morning Dew' instead.

Lacuna Coil are good, but I prefer Nightwish, being honest.

They're not really comparable if you ask me -their styles are quite quite different, Lacuna being much more acoustic/sparse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

She likes them more and they are at least somewhat in the same vein. Compare away!

I think the best comparisons are the ones between the lead singers tbh...

She likes them more and they are at least somewhat in the same vein. Compare away!

How so? I like a lot of Lacuna coils stuff band I cant stand nightwish

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Are you saying if you like a genre then you like every band in that genre, pish I cry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Nightwish have a symphonic element and there's a remarkable difference in the vocals, however they are usually lumped into the "Female fronted goth metal" genre

Are you saying if you like a genre then you like every band in that genre, pish I cry!

Thats not what im saying

jptk wrote:
    Thats not what im saying
    But it is in fact what is inferred. ;)
    As miss Nightwish said, although there are differences, both are thrown into the "Female fronted goth metal" genre and when talking of one, the other pops up.'If you like ... then you should check out ...'. There are differences but there are differences in every band. It's not like every thrash band etc are the same but you can still compare them. You can like a band in a genre and hate another band in the same grenre.

• Advertisement

But it is in fact what is inferred. ;)
    As miss Nightwish said, although there are differences, both are thrown into the "Female fronted goth metal" genre and when talking of one, the other pops up.'If you like ... then you should check out ...'. There are differences but there are differences in every band. It's not like every thrash band etc are the same but you can still compare them. You can like a band in a genre and hate another band in the same grenre.

Ok....You win this round (shakes fist in the air)!
    :D

jptk wrote:
    Ok....You win this round (shakes fist in the air)!
    :D
    yay! \o\ \o/ /o/
    Now back to listening to shallow end with you and I, wishmaster.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Comalies is definitely their best. Swamped is an excellent track.

Advertisement