Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move contacts from phone to sim Sagem My V-55

• 20-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey, was wondering if one of yee wouldn't mind helping me out with this? When I got my Sagem My V-55 phone it used to take ages to load the numbers on my sim card so i decided to move all of them onto my phone memory. This solved that problem.

However now I wish to change phones, I am going onto the 3 network €45 tariff and getting a new Nokia 6680 (advice on this move appreciated also if you wish), and need to move back all the numbers from phone memory to my sim card memory so I can put them on my new phone.

However unlike the first time I did this I can't see any option for move all contacts from phone to sim. Only the option to move sim to phone. Can anyone help me with this?? Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you go into an individual contact it gives you the option to copy it to the sim. i can't see an option to do them all at once either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shades7_99

Cheers, Saw that all right but i'll be fecked if I'm gonna copy all 150+ of my contacts accross!!:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Even when you do copy them to the SIM note that you'll lose email addresses etc....

Cheers, I didn't know that but I'm not too bothered about that anyway, does anyone know if I should have recieved a cable with my phone to link it to a comp. I didn't get one cause I still have the original box but I see on the sagem website (which (in my opinion and not the opinion of the owners or moderators of this site) is useless) that there is a way of backing them up onto a PC but you need a cable to hook upto your PC.

Nah the cable is an extra...the phone does have IR which works well. (if you have IR on the pc/laptop) You need to download the file manager from planetsagem.com if you want to do file transfer etc.

• Advertisement

Dont have an IR port myself but I can get access to one, so I'm right in presuming that with this app from planetsagem i can back up my contacts onto the pc at least?? cheers for the help by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

No the cable's not included with the phone.

Only done this myself with the cable.

Can get them cheap enough off ebay.

Or if in a rush try http://www.fmmobiles.ie/accessories.asp 15€

Shades7_99 wrote:
    Dont have an IR port myself but I can get access to one, so I'm right in presuming that with this app from planetsagem i can back up my contacts onto the pc at least?? cheers for the help by the way.

I only used it for taking off pictures before I sold the phone but I imagine you can. Its a free download anyway so it's worth a bash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Advertisement