Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

downloading problems with azureus

• 20-11-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I downloaded Azureus but can not get it to work. I am getting the red smiley face on the left when i try to downlaod anything.

I have opened the ports on my router and configured azureus as per the guide on the azureus site. I am using a linksys router with a zyxel prestige 600 modem.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you double click on a torrent and take a look at tracker status what does it say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LadyFurby

The tracker status says:

Connection Error (UnknownHostException:tracker.scenetorrents.org)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Looks like the server that the tracker is on is down, or the tracker may not be there anymore.

Should still be able to connect to something though.

[black weather reporter] Did you check yo TCP IP settings?[/black weather reporter]

You may want to check if your ports are all open. There should be a connection wizard in Azureus that will tell you this.

If they are not then you are probably behind a firewall or broadband router that needs its ports opened/ unblocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The new Azureus (2.3.0.6) has an extra green light at the bottom to show if the TCP port is open properly or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

if your using two routers, a dsl router and a wireless router, you will need to disable the NAT feature on the wireless router completely, otherwise the ports wont forward properly. (Something to do with the ip addresses they assign, its better that the dsl router assigns you one not the wireless router, so just disable the NAT feature)
    I had the same problem, I was getting a read face and all the ports had an NAT error, after disabling the NAT on the wireless router and forwarding the ports on the dsl modem, im getting green faces all the time and near steady downloads of 125k/s

The solution is in more detail in the knowledge base forum at portforwarding.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement