Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday's PL Action (includes scores)

• 20-11-2005 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Spurs 1-0 up against West Ham at half time, with a rare start for Robbie Keane. Mido got the goal.

Boro against Fulham is the late match.

Btw, is it just me or are Boro getting alot of TV coverage this season? Their games always seem to be on.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

hahaha, Ferdinand equalised for West Ham in the last minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sickener for me. Have Paul Robinson in my fantasy team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lemlin wrote:
    Sickener for me. Have Paul Robinson in my fantasy team :(

Have Paul Robinson and Ledley King. Just got rid of Cech last week for Robinson. Damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wonder-goal by Collins John for Fulham, 0-1 after 30 minutes.

1-1, James Morrison scored just minutes after McBride hit the post with a great header at the other end. Very good game.

[edit] - 2-1 = Papa Bouba Diop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2-1 Fulham now. very entertaining

2-2 Yakubu/Hasselbaink. Excellent game.

Very interesting offside debate. All happened so fast its very hard for the referee to decide.

3-2! Hasselbaink, what a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Am I the only one that didn't see anything wrong with Yakubu's goal? It looked to me like Zat Knight was a good few yards ahead of him when Hasselbaink squared it across the goal.

The offside rule states that once the attackers are past the goalkeeper any other defenders don't count. Because both Yakubu and Hasselbaink were past Warner, Zat Knights position didn't matter at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know about that rule. Great game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The offside rule states that once the attackers are past the goalkeeper any other defenders don't count. Because both Yakubu and Hasselbaink were past Warner, Zat Knights position didn't matter at all.

Almost correct.
    A player is in an offside position if:

* he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent

You can be beyond the keeper, but as long as there's two other defenders nearer the goal line you're still onside.

Ah right, the keeper in this case was the second last player so I was almost right.

It's a lot of stuff to be going through a referee or linesman's head as well as trying to judge distances from 40 yards away. Uriah Rennie has a tough job making simple decisions anyway.

Advertisement