Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle shooting

Options
  • 20-11-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey people,

I used to shoot .22 and 7.62 target rifles before i came to Dublin - anyone know of any clubs around that i could pop along to and maybe sign up for? I'm not a beginner and would prefer a decent with good competition... maybe a league as well?

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

.22 is easy there are loads of clubs available. 7.62/.308 is much harder as there are limited number of cubs with ranges beyond 100m. Did you want to keep up both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Midlands National shooting center of Ireland..

Ranges 50 meters to 600... Soon to be 1000 .

Excellent facilitys , friendly people .

Miles and miles from Dublin ;)

Maybe..
    But there are members in Kerry and from across the country ..
    I have an hours drive to get there ... well worth it..:)

There ain't no maybe about it. Tullamore is a long drive from Dublin, iv driven down there to shoot my self. Nice to know they are upgrading to 1000m.

Worth seeing if anyone local can meet your needs. The extra milage on my can and petrol costs put me off.

• Advertisement

Distance is relative..

I have a brother in law in Alberta .. the local shopping town is 50 miles away.
    Sometimes I visit friends in Dingle .. a 3 hour drive .. I've done it both ways the same day.Depends on how badly you want to really..

I realise it's not on the doorstep , just pointing out that it's there.

What can I say ..I love the place..! :)

Its a great range alright, i wish every county had at least one like it, just that bit too far for me though.

I know people in Africa who would consider 6 hours drive to be "just down the road" so its very relitive I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dise83

Thanks everyone, might have to try a few out and find which one suits me... i'll keep you all posted with the outcome!

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

Try the East Coast shooting club, located in Roundwood, Co Wicklow.They have ranges for Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol and are only half an hour from Dublin down the N11. Info number is 087 2243829

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

It takes me 3 hours to get to Midlands, But i get down 3/4 times a week, IMHO is one if not the BEST club in ireland!

I would recommand it to anyone that wants to get in to target shooting,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And there's also DURC in Trinity if you were ever a student there dise (you'd have to be an alumni, I'm afraid, the college won't let us accept non-students or non-alumni as members, which annoys us a lot more than most as it means we can't apply for a Sports Capital Grant :mad: ). They shoot .22 at 25 yards indoors. There's also RRPC in Rathdrum (not too far with the new N/M11 roadway), who shoot .22 at 25 yards.

Advertisement