Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod 30GB problems

• 20-11-2005 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I got a new iPod Video 30GB for my birthday the other day and already it's covered in scratches and marks. I haven't mishandled it at all, quite the opposite! I know the nano iPods were supposed to have similar problems and I'm guessing it's not unrelated. Gonna ring the shop tomorrow to see what the story is.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any similar problems or if they've had problems themselves.

Not happy with it at all! :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Scratches and marks are down to user "wear and tear". They'll do nothing short of recommend you buy a case for it and keep it separate from your keys, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Do you put it in your pocket with keys and coins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

thanks for the replies guys.

to answer brian i kept the ipod in the inside pocket of my jacket. no keys or coins in sight.

it would be fair enough to call it wear and tear, but only after a period substantially longer than a couple of days. since then i have got hold of a case, and i've bought a skin off ebay so hopefully i'll have that soon.

i googled the net for other forums and came across a guy who complained of scratches, even though he didn't take off the protective plastic strips that come affixed when you buy it, and other people replied that they had heard of similar stories. it really is a disgrace that this should happen when people pay that much money for something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess you could contact Apple directly. The shop would only contact Apple on your behalf anyway.

http://support.apple.com and choose the option to request service online. Make sure you have your reciept and explain what happened to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

im buying one for a friend guess ill get her a sock as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Ìts a known issue with the new iPods. Lots of people complaining about it on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Yeah i got mine the other day, but it comes with a kind of slip in thing that isnt bulky or anything, its fairly handy.

Advertisement