Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overspending

Options
  • 20-11-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hi! Having big problems with overspening. I just want some help with how to save, i tried a good few times but its just not working. The fact that I got a debit card probably isnt helping. Im in college and I get €400 a month. I dont know how i spend it all I just cant keep track. I have no bills to pay, the €400 is just for myself...some help on saving would be good please. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Are you getting dinners at home? If you're paying for food, travel etc, €400 isn't really that much. Depends on where you live though, waterford is pretty cheap to live in isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

no im living in apartments in carlow and going to carlow it, have to get my own food, ie lunch in college and dinner when i get home. In regards to transport, i dont go home alot, maybe once a month, like at the moment i only have bout 10ish euro to my name, thats bad huh, cant get a job here, have been tryin since i came to carlow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Start a spending diary to track where the money is going. Ration yourself to 100 euro per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

cheers man, i wana save a little aswell for travel ya no.....

Advertisement