Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United's Hitzfald Offer!

• 20-11-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

So whats this all about? Is it Sir Alex's job or some director type thing? I think he is fishing for some knd of offer, I can't imagine why man u would want a guy who's been out of football for so long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wats their ****ing game? Ok, first of all, I won't go too OTT since the immediate source is the Daily ****ing Star. Need I say more? Second of all, if this is true, which is a pretty big IF, how is he better than Sir Alex? He isn't. I will never understand the fools out there who want Alex Ferguson to go. He is a complete winner and the players love him. He goes when he wants to go. I have complete faith in him. IF and WHEN he decides to go, I want a top top top foreign ATTACKING coach to bring something completely different. Someone like Lippi or Capello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cheesedude wrote:
    Wats their ****ing game? Ok, first of all, I won't go too OTT since the immediate source is the Daily ****ing Star. Need I say more? Second of all, if this is true, which is a pretty big IF, how is he better than Sir Alex? He isn't. I will never understand the fools out there who want Alex Ferguson to go. He is a complete winner and the players love him. He goes when he wants to go. I have complete faith in him. IF and WHEN he decides to go, I want a top top top foreign ATTACKING coach to bring something completely different. Someone like Lippi or Capello.

Otto has won 2 European cups so that makes him better :confused:

kdjac

No...still don't want him. What has he been doing on his arse the past year? Can't come to a club like Utd. Much bigger than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

cheesedude wrote:
    I will never understand the fools out there who want Alex Ferguson to go.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    What has he been doing on his arse the past year?

Taking a year out maybe.
    cheesedude wrote:
    Can't come to a club like Utd. Much bigger than him.

:v: Thats the attitude most non-Man Utd fans really dislike about Man Utd fans.

Yeah well until a decent replacement is brought into the scene instead of some 57 yr old bum who was on his arse for a year, then come tell me otherwise...

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Taking a year out maybe.

:v: Thats the attitude most non-Man Utd fans really dislike about Man Utd fans.

Well ya know...that is what loyalty is about. The Club Man Utd is one of the biggest there is. Gotta get a man that suits the program.

So a man who has won five German championships and two Champions Leagues with two different clubs isn't good enough for United? As for the "on his arse" statement, he is well known to be a family man and more than likely took a year out to be with his family.

It's not as if there is any shortage of jobs out there for him.

You can't name too many managers who have won the CL with two different clubs, never mind clubs of the size of Dortmund and (arguably) Munich.

Ah I just love Sir Alex...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

A little too much to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

cheesedude wrote:
    Can't come to a club like Utd. Much bigger than him.

I would be more inclined to phrase things the other way round than the way you put them .

'Someone like Lippi or Capello.'

Why would they go to United when they could get bigger and better jobs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Ears wrote:
    I would be more inclined to phrase things the other way round than the way you put them .

'Someone like Lippi or Capello.'

Why would they go to United when they could get bigger and better jobs ?

Out of interest what would be the bigger and better jobs than United?

Didn't Mr Heinzfeld say he had been approached for the job at Chelsea at one stage. Odd then that the special one got the gig. His comments smack of desparation and oppertunism to me trying to get his name in the frame for a position that is not even vacant.

The Muppet wrote:
    Out of interest what would be the bigger and better jobs than United?

Barcelona , Real Madrid , Chelsea , Arsenal , Juventus , AC Milan , Inter Milan , + any International job they see fit .

Granted these jobs aren't available currently but Elite managers wait for top jobs to arise not settle for a slightly lower level .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

ooooo thats some good flame baiting there Big Ears!!

Seriously though Cheesedude, you want an ultra attackign coach, but then name capello as a favourite of yours?

how many 1-0's did AC milan have while he was manager I wonder. A lot I would say.

Draupnir wrote:
    ooooo thats some good flame baiting there Big Ears!!

I realised it looks like that after I posted it , but that's not the way my comment was intended .

Man United are still a very big club but I just wouldn't class them as Elite anymore , too many 3rd place finnishes and not enough doing enough to even threaten to win the Champions League .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Personally I would love Hitzfeld at United and for years I have said he would be my prefered choice to replace Alex Ferguson.
    Ferguson's greatest strength is his ability to motivate his teams and I dont believe there is a better manager in the world today at doing this. However one thing I will say about Ferguson is he has never been the greatest tactician, and this has become more and more evident over the last 3 seasons.
    If theres one area Hitzfeld could put right at United its this.
    One year out of the game is not a lot, especially not for someone of his experience, look at Gordon Strachan at Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

I want a top top top foreign ATTACKING coach to bring something completely different.

the last thing man utd should be looking for is a kevin keegan-esc style of football. the majority of matches man u are winning lately are only because they are out scoring the other team, ie. conceding 2 and scoring 3.

if united were to play juve or milan in the CL they'd be made look like fools. poor rio wouldnt know what to do with a constant flow of well built attacks the way he's been playing.

i'm not flaming here or anything, but united are in rebuild mode for the next few years, it happens to every great team. sorry lads. success time looks to be over for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

cheesedude wrote:
    Yeah well until a decent replacement is brought into the scene instead of some 57 yr old bum who was on his arse for a year, then come tell me otherwise...

but they and most man u fans would take o'neill id say (although younger) but come the time will probably have been sitting on his arse for a year or even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

From the Times....
    but reports linking Ottmar Hitzfeld, the former Bayern Munich coach, with his job are wide of the mark. Although Hitzfeld would figure on a shortlist of candidates, his reported claim that he had received an “inquiry” from United relates to when the club were preparing for Ferguson’s retirement in 2002 rather than recent times.'

Not the first time newspapers have dragged old quotes up and reprinted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its a bs story, that said, he'd be a coach i would not mind seeing at United.
    There are coachs I'd like to see more, but he'd be a decent choice

but they and most man u fans would take o'neill id say (although younger) but come the time will probably have been sitting on his arse for a year or even more

Never wanted O'Neil thanks very much. Some other Scottish League club can have him.

Advertisement