Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing brakes

Options
  • 20-11-2005 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

I have Tektro forged alloy 'v' type

When i release the brakes only one side releases as it seems to take all the slack.

If i hold this one in the other ones releases.

Springs seem ok.

Any ideas how to even this out, where both brakes release the same amount and not just one of the brakes.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Trampas wrote:
    I have Tektro forged alloy 'v' type

When i release the brakes only one side releases as it seems to take all the slack.

If i hold this one in the other ones releases.

Springs seem ok.

Any ideas how to even this out, where both brakes release the same amount and not just one of the brakes.

Thanks

There should be a little screw on each cantilever that you can use to adjust the tension in that spring. Loosen one and tighten the other.

Don't know which way turn it but you can figure it out....

Should only need a small amount of turning.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭daymobrew

nereid wrote:
    There should be a little screw on each cantilever that you can use to adjust the tension in that spring. Loosen one and tighten the other.
    Don't know which way turn it but you can figure it out....
    Should only need a small amount of turning.
    The screw is mentioned at the bottom of a ParkTool article on brakes.

Advertisement