Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband in waterford

• 20-11-2005 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Hey
    does anyone know if there is a second Irish Broadband transmitter in waterford city. looked at the coverage map on the website and looked like there was two areas of coverage. i know there's one on the ard ri hotel to cover the city centre but whats covering johns hill area. Or is it that johns hill is elevated so can receive the signal from the ard ri?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hey
    does anyone know if there is a second Irish Broadband transmitter in waterford city. looked at the coverage map on the website and looked like there was two areas of coverage. i know there's one on the ard ri hotel to cover the city centre but whats covering johns hill area. Or is it that johns hill is elevated so can receive the signal from the ard ri?????

Get NTL.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Am not aware of another transmitter in Waterford. A mate of mine lives on the quay and gets the Ard ri signal no problem. I live near WIT and she brought her ripwave gizmo to my house for a try out. No joy, so I guess there is no transmitter out this way.

Sounds like Johns hill is high enough to see the Ard ri.

I recently joined digiweb Metro and its perfect where I live. Not a single problem yet :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Mate, anyone considering IBB needs their head looked at. Did you not see all the posts about them on this forum?
    Seriously, wait for a more reliable ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

go with ntl and spare ureself the grief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I can`t answer your post, but I can tell you their coverage maps are worthless. My mate has breeze in galway city, according to the coverage maps on the site, breeze isn`t even available in galway city. It just says ripwave is, but my mate doesn`t live anywhere near that coverage area either! His service is god aweful. Maybe they shouldn`t have installed it, but he is getting some kind of signal, massive loss though :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote:
    Get NTL.....;)

Seriously get NTL or wait till Smart go live in January/Feb

Advertisement