Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband has arrived in North County Wicklow

Options
  • 20-11-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,
    If anyone is interested, I have managed to get BB into Kilmac, Delgany and Newtown.
    I can be contacted at nikki@bluntworks.net

Cheers Nikki

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

just to let you know torque IT solutions are deploying broadband in the areas listed also according to the website http://www.torque.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

How much do you charge in Kilmac?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Blitz wrote:
    just to let you know torque IT solutions are deploying broadband in the areas listed also according to the website http://www.torque.ie

Eh? The only one of the areas listed above that's even mentioned on their coverage page is Newtown Mount Kennedy, which is only listed as "Within weeks". In Irish broadband terms this frequently translates to "within your lifetime, maybe". There's no mention at all of Kilmacanogue or Delgany anywhere.

The Sugarloaf might be lovely to look at, but it's a disaster in terms of wireless broadband

John

JMcL wrote:
    Eh? The only one of the areas listed above that's even mentioned on their coverage page is Newtown Mount Kennedy, which is only listed as "Within weeks". In Irish broadband terms this frequently translates to "within your lifetime, maybe". There's no mention at all of Kilmacanogue or Delgany anywhere.

The Sugarloaf might be lovely to look at, but it's a disaster in terms of wireless broadband

John

you seemed to have missed kilcoole and places south of that, secondly this isnt irish broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

The NE Wicklow GBS should be up and running by the end of the year and it will cover these areas also. So after years of no service there are at least three potential suppliers in the offing. Good news for the people of the Kilmac and surronding areas.

M.

• Advertisement

Mr_Man wrote:
    The NE Wicklow GBS should be up and running by the end of the year and it will cover these areas also. So after years of no service there are at least three potential suppliers in the offing. Good news for the people of the Kilmac and surronding areas.

M.

This is true, the more the merryer; it will make for competition in these areas and gives people the freedom to weigh up their options (as the services planned will be priced alot different).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭goldilocked

Since I moved into Kilcoole last Feb I've been waiting for some kind of broadband option to become available. It looks like we may have a few providers before long.

I sent an email a couple of days ago to the address Nikki left above but have not, as of yet, received a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 enno

Any hope for Enniskerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Br@nkin

Hey.

I've emailed you already, but I haven't got a responce.

I'm dying for more information here. Seriously! :|

If you could put up the prices/deals and whatever you're doing, that'd be a great help. And under what provider are you using?

Cheers
    James

Advertisement