Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i host?

Options
  • 20-11-2005 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just bought BF2 - find it hard to get into any servers online - how do I host my own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To play on nearly all the servers, you need the Patch to 1.03

To host your own for single player go to Multiplay and select Create. It will give you some options but noone will join it as your home connection isnt good enough to host.

Install the patch and then try join the GFFserver (you can alt tab out of the game to get the IP in)
    [G.F.F] GUNS FOR FUN Ranked BF2|110ms|83.142.229.136:16567

If you cant get on there post back it may be a network issue.

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

And unless you have a nice fat connection in Athlone you'll find yourself hosting a server where no one wants to play.

Can you not connect to the ones in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dathaigh wrote:
    Just bought BF2 - find it hard to get into any servers online - how do I host my own?
    Update.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

True, I didn't think of that !

If you install BF2 and try to play right away you'll only find about 20 servers that you can play on. This is because EA have brought out a patch (1.03) about 5 weeks ago. Download and install and you should have thousands of servers to choose from.

Advertisement