Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Internet music radio station?

• 20-11-2005 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for an "internet music radio station" that plays metal (Slayer, Pantera, Chimera, Machine Head, Fear Factory, etc, NO light ROCK MUSIC). I have broadband, and I like listening to a song that I don't have every so often. Scuzz & Kerrang on the Digi has gone downhill, so I'm hoping someone knows of a decent online metal radio. Preferably something that I can listen to using WinAmp.

Hopefully this doesn't somehow break the "NO ADVERTISING" rule.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

try that pandora one that was recomended in another thread it is very good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ya, just make your own station, it is excellent !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

www.knac.com (american) all heavy metal stuff

www.totalrock.com (uk) Mix of metal new and old. Some dodgey shows on it though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

www.knac.com (american) all heavy metal stuff
    Sounds good. Have it on @ the mo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

lastfm is the buisness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Some metal shows on Freakfm broadcasting from Cork

http://freakfm.redirectme.net:9194/listen.pls

www.freakfm.com

or on 105.2 FM Cork City

Con and Bedsticks on right now playing METAL!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hi,

Have a flavor of Jordan music. It makes you tap your feet rhythmically.99.6 fm radio station. It’s very cool, enjoyable and energetic station.
    Is there any metal on that radio station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

The two I use the most would be:

http://www.knac.com/

http://www.snakenetmetalradio.com/default.asp

I also agree with last.fm. It is brilliant. Just created one there a few weeks ago. It's a lot of fun, highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

www.totalrock.com (uk) Mix of metal new and old. Some dodgey shows on it though..

i do listen the odd time, theres too much talk, and the english accents get on your nerves after a while, the music is usually way off the mark, full of bands i've never heard of..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

KatCookie wrote: »
    full of bands i've never heard of..
    That's not necessarily a bad thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Well in this case, the unknown bads are still nobodies for a reason,... they are terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Try out the Finnish "[URL="javascript:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.radiorock.fi/player','testi','width=600,height=500')"]Radio Rock[/URL]". Music's great. Just hope you don't mind the Finnish speaking DJs.

Examples of their playlist....
    Disturbed: Inside the Fire
    Mötley Crüe: Saints of Los Angeles
    Kotiteollisuus: Kevät
    Apocalyptica feat. Adam Gontier (Three days grace): I Don´Care
    AC/DC: Rock´n Roll Train
    Metallica: The Day That Never Comes
    Atreuy: Honor
    Billy Idol: John Wayne
    Brother Firetribe: Heart Full Of Fire
    Judas Priest: Vision
    Scars On Broadway: They Say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kaschina

this is a german radio station, but one of the biggest metal stations in the world. The mods are german, of course, but they do a great job!
    The music is mixed, every dj has his own specialities, from rock and gothic metal to brutalmetal... But theres's a schedule on their page. The best ever: Prophecy, his shows are on monday from 9-11pm, deathmetal, brutalmetal, wednesday from 9-11, a little bit 'softer' :), death and grind. I really love it, you can send your own music wishes and if your're lucky, he`ll play them. He presents one band on every show or bands from a festival (like the Way od darkness next week...)
    So try and enjoy and you`ll be addicted :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Chronix Radio can be quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Try itunes. There's plenty of metal / rock stations to listen to on it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If you download WinAmp - there is a "Shoutcast Radio" tab and plenty of rock / metal stations.

🤪

Advertisement