Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been provoked into getting myself banned

Options
  • 20-11-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848782&page=3

One user as far as I'm concerned is rounding up various mods all of a sudden into provoking me/trolling me into a reaction.

I reported a abusive comment about another user on this thread and nothing was done so I feel there is a conspiracy.

Any feedback?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

orly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is boards Zane I think you should ignore this sort of stuff. There are plenty of people on boards whose sole mission is to get people banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

if you'd like to make an accusation you should really just come out and say so zane.

i have not "rounded up" anyone! and as i keep saying... there is nobody out to get you or try to make you get yourself banned.

a poster disagreed with you and yet again the thread decended into an argument because you seem to think everyone is out to get you.

ridiculous.

Also tbh you will probably get a whole of smart comments for posting this thread.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848782&page=3

One user as far as I'm concerned is rounding up various mods all of a sudden into provoking me/trolling me into a reaction.

I reported a abusive comment about another user on this thread and nothing was done so I feel there is a conspiracy.

Any feedback?
    I fully back Zane on this one. There is something suspicious going on in that thread and that board in general with regards to Zane getting repeatedly mounted and impaled. There seems to be a conspiracy theory in place to fock Zane, which ordinarily might not be a bad thing but it's a bit of a sausage party over there.

However, I am 1/16th Indian and I found Zane's comments about my people highly offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Bumped to Conspiracy Theories..
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

"Calm down, drop it, forget about it, and slow down on the old posting there"

How's that for a suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Hold on a second. I replied to what I deem a stupid comment in an equally stupid manner

That's exactly what they're doing to you, but you get worked up about it and go on the defensive, talking about a **** Zane bandwagon, did anyone else bring it up, such as breadmonkey who you originally patronised "*clap clap* for yourself for deliberately twisting my words in such a funny sarcastic manner", and to be fair to him they couldn't say it could be cancelled, but we don't know yet.

If you didn't dwell on things not going your way it'd be alot easier.

Would it not be easier to PM a mod of the UCD forum, since this is where it happened, so they'd be able to sort it out as they see fit

Edit: 8 posts in 4 minutes, impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you summarise that four page thread for us and link to specific proof of provocation/trolling directed at you to enduce your reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Gordon wrote:
    Can you summarise that four page thread for us and link to specific proof of provocation/trolling directed at you to enduce your reaction?

Well you may not find it as evident but I do, especially Moriarty's posts.

• Advertisement

Ah well Moriarty loves these such situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Well you may not find it as evident but I do, especially Moriarty's posts.

ahahahahaha, thats exactly what you do to me.
    you seem to have joined my loyal band of stalkers and moan and complain about me constantly.:rolleyes:

its nice to see someone bothering to give you a taste of your own medicine. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: as for you being provoked into doing something, im sure the gun really wasnt loaded.....:rolleyes:

oh hey, i nearly forgot, have some of your favourite smilies. i just love irony!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i ahve also hidden some other smilies around this thread.
    see if you can catch them all!

Oh right, I read some more of that thread. Why did you take a dig at breadmonkey when he was just offering his point of view? That was uncalled for.

Gordon wrote:
    Oh right, I read some more of that thread. Why did you take a dig at breadmonkey when he was just offering his point of view? That was uncalled for.

Ok maybe it was a bit harsh however I have noticed odd posts towards me from that particular user before and I felt that post from BM was sarcastic and born little relation to what i originally said. I carried on-topic after my comment for note. His reaction was uncalled for, lead to agro, I reported it, nothing done about it (no warning for me or BM) so agro continues until certain users jump in all of a sudden for no reason. This is where I feel I'm been deliberately provoked into saying somthing stupid.

The first "leading to aggro" was on your part I reckon Zane. You replied with a condescending post directed at breadmonkey and he retaliated by calling you a sad sad man. You shouldn't be getting worked up over this, and it's not up to us to hold your hand when you got yourself into that lukewarm flamewar.

You said it yourself - you replied to that comment in an "equally stupid manner" hence going off topic and messing up the thread.

Gordon wrote:
    You said it yourself - you replied to that comment in an "equally stupid manner" hence going off topic and messing up the thread.

I'll accept that but certain users have no place to be jumping in to this mess and making things worse.

Morons attract attention, zane. Internet fact #35.

I'll accept that but certain users have no place to be jumping in to this mess and making things worse.
    So you are allowed to start crap but you don't want people continuing that crap?

its an internet forum and its not a private forum at that. people can reply if they like.

you have accused me of "rounding up" people to goad you into getting yourself banned. thats ridiculous. this isnt the first example of you flying off the handle when someone doesnt agree with you zane. you have now admitted that you started it, yet you still reckon you're being picked on.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Please forward me a list of who have a "place"
    so I may restrict access to those users.

Sarcasm aside which feels strange and wrong for me, From reading that thread in my opinion your responce to bm was pure trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm gonna have to agree that Zane's response to breadmonkey's post, which I see as completely legitimate, if a little sarcastic, was what started all of this crap. Maybe it was just caused by a little misinterpretation of bm's post, I can see why it could be taken as a cheap shot or patronising.

Surely it's no big deal, though, and we can move on and try to keep things civilised in future...? :o

DaveMcG wrote:
    I'm gonna have to agree that Zane's response to breadmonkey's post, which I see as completely legitimate, if a little sarcastic, was what started all of this crap. Maybe it was just caused by a little misinterpretation of bm's post, I can see why it could be taken as a cheap shot or patronising.

Surely it's no big deal, though, and we can move on and try to keep things civilised in future...? :o

agree totally dave, and im sure you remember that it wasnt too long ago that this issue was raised on the board. however, the only way civility will reign is if people stop jumping to conclusions and use a bit of a cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....Yeah Merc.

thisround.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I liked "Semper Fi" better :/
    Moriarty wrote:
    Morons attract attention, zane. Internet fact #35.

You forgot the emot-v101.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Semper Fi

CuLT wrote:
    I liked "Semper Fi" better :/

You forgot the emot-v101.gif

/ Loves You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nice hooters Moriarty.

Advertisement