Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

k750i - getting the best photo quality & a problem with naming

• 20-11-2005 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so my K750i is producing images around 300-350KB in size. It has a 2MP camera...

My Sony Digital camera is a 3MP and produces images around 2.5MB in size.

Am I missing a setting on my phone, should it not be at least 1MB+ in filesize?

another thing... I renamed most of the photos on my memory card from my computer - now they won't show up on the phone? Any ideas here ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

on my phone in the camera settings (bring up the camera then press options) i can change the quality and resolution of the pics, i.e. its a 1.3MP camera but i have the option of saving them as 640x480. look for something similar on your phone

edit: having read the manual for a k750 (http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/K750i_UG_R2b_EN.pdf), your phone has the same options. you have three resolutions to choose from and the quality can be fine or normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've chosen fine and the highest size photo. This is why I ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

having the same problem on mine, sounds dodgy, I have a 2mp camera and the images are far better.

Nobody has any ideas on this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well I imagine that the camera produces far higher resolution pictures so when you resize them to the same size as your camera phone pics, they appear to be better quality. My Sony camera has a waaaay bigger resolution than my 6680 on max anyway.

• Advertisement

I don't follow freakonaleashx ....

2MP printable photos is what it should have - unless I missed something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

1632*1224=~2MP
    What's the problem other than they're not as good quality than a real camera?
    I just assumed it does some sort of jpeg compression on them to lower saving times/memory space.

I have mine on Fine and 1632x1224 too and I think they're awesome for a camera phone.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

on the file size it is because they are jpgs, some of the digicams use raw data files so you get the full pixel res in the file size.
    the compression is reasonably lossless though so you do end up with 2MB printable photos...

to check it out take a pic of a flat sheet of white paper, should come out v. small at 150-200kb, then take a pic of something with a lot of detail and no big areas with the same colour, should be about 450-500kB..

Advertisement