Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navini Ripwave

• 20-11-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

My GF needed broadband but refused to get a phone nor an ariel on the roof, as an ex-IOFFL committee member I ought to know better, however I signed her up for Ripwave.

Needless to say the service is rubbish my ping time to the first hop is never under 100ms, and is mostly around 200ms. I have repositioned the modem all over the house to little effect, I am within 5 minute walking distance of the transmitter.

Is there anything to be gained by changing the ariel ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Have a look in the broadband forums...

To see how ****e it is.

I had it for a couple of months got rid of it and went with clearwire instead.

Advertisement