Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who was at the point on the 19th?

• 20-11-2005 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

We pack into the Point theatre to tonnes of whoooos from everyone. We take our seats and I look around at the signs. There's a lot of Eddie and Cena sings. A huge EDDIE RIP sign is hanging from the balcony. Lots of other signs thanking Eddie and one that said EDDIE STOLE MY PINT, AND ALL OF OUR HEARTS. As the arena fills up a large "EDDIE" chant starts up. This is interrupted by some guy in the speakers talking about security or something. Every time he stops talking he is met with a "WHAT" chant.
    Eric Bischoff comes out first and is met with a lot of boos. He receives a large "WHAT" chant when he starts talking but people stop once they realise what he is talking about. He talks about Eddie's passing and said that we will be silent and let the bell ring 10 times out of respect for Eddie. This is done and afterwards a large "EDDIE" chant starts followed by a "THANK YOU EDDIE" chant.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Conway
    This was a nice opener. The crowd was hot for the first match. Shelton got good cheers as he entered and Conway got a lot of boos. A lot of back an forth action here,. Conway took over the match for the most part. A strong "LETS GO SHELTON" chant starts up. Shelton fights back and eventually hits the T-Bone for the win.

Val Venis & Viscera vs. Snitsky & Tyson Tomko
    No great reactions for these guys. Vis gets a good pop though. Not a terrible match. Small "LETS GO VENIS" chants can be heard. Venis takes a lot of slams to the mat. Large pop for Vis when he gets tagged in. Snitsky gets a lot of heat when making gestures to the crowd. Tomko messes up a slam on Venis and is met with a "YOU ****ED UP" chant. Not sure who won.

Tajiri vs. Carlito
    This match wasn't on the card, Tajiri wasn't even on the card so his entrance was met with shock and applause. Tajiri enters and receives an "ECW" chant. Carlito enters to a lot of cheers. They really like this guy here. The match starts and the crowd begins a strong "CARLITO" chant. Some back and forth action while a "GET A HAIRCUT" directed at Carlito starts up a few times. Eventually Carlito gets an apple and spits it in Tajiri's face which results in him losing by DQ.

Big Show & Kane vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
    Cade and Murdoch enter to a lot of boos. Big show enters to the loudest pop so far. He points up to the Eddie RIP sign which starts up a small "EDDIE" chant. Kane enters to cheers also. Lots of "BIG SHOW" and "WE WANT BIG SHOW" chants. This match is pretty one sided and eventually Big Show and Kane hit the double choke slam to a huge reaction from the crowd. Cade and Murdoch are left in the ring and start having a tantrum but are met with a huge NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE" chant.

We took a break here. During the break 2 kids ran into the ring and started head locking each other. 8 concerned/angry looking security guards ran into the ring and took them out. The kids were dragged out of the arena to a "HE'S HARDCORE" chant.

“The Masterpiece” Chris Masters & Triple H vs. Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels
    The card was scheduled to be Masters vs. HBK so when Triple H came out the sound was deafening. the crowd went nuts. A strong "TRIPLE H" chant started up that overshadowed the previous big show chants. Ric Flair comes out to an arena full of whoooos. HBK comes out to a huge pop. the crowd was hot for this match. Countless amounts of "HBK" chants were going through out the match and even "YOU SCREWED BRET" for a short while. Flair got huge pops every time he did some sort of move that broke the rules. Lots of more "TRIPLE H" chants were going. In fact Masters was the only guy that got pretty much no reaction. Huge cheers for the Sweet Chin Music which ended the match. HBK holds up an Irish flag and poses with it for a while then leaves.

Trish vs. Victoria
    Actually, this was a pretty entertaining Women's match. Trish got a good reaction. Nice pops for some big moves and a small "WE WANT PUPPIES" was heard. Trish wins.

John Cena vs. Kurt Angle
    Referee: Eric Bischoff
    Eric comes out to boos. Angle comes out with Daviri to the typical "YOU SUCK" along to his entrance music. However this chant did not last long as when his music stopped a very loud "ANGLE" chant was going. A large "CENA" chant gets going and a large pop with a mixture of boos when he enters. The crowd was going nuts as a "CENA/ANGLE" chant started. Both being cheered together. Cena got the early upper hand. Every move he hit seemed to get more boos than cheers. Then for most of the match the arena was deafening with "LETS GO CENA. LETS GO ANGLE". The crowd was split between the two but you could tell that the women and kids were cheering for Cena and the men for Angle. Cena hit the F U and Bischoff wouldn't make the count. This was met with more cheers than boos. A large "CENA SUCKS" chant started to build up. Daviri came in and got F Ued. Cena turned around only to be met with an Angle slam which was met with loads of cheers. Angle hit the Ankle lock and the crowd were going crazy. eventually Cena got out of the move and hit the F U and pinned Angle for the win. This was met with tonnes of boos. Cena holds up an Irish flag and poses then leaves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

I want to personally than all of you for being the best crowd ever. I honestly thought that the crowd would be full of marks and young kids but it wasn't. the crowd was far better than any WWE show in America I've seen on TV. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I really loved the crowd during the Cena Angle match. I was glad to boo Cena every time he did a move and I cheered for Angle the whole match with tonnes of "LETS GO ANGLE" chants. It was clear that all the women and kids were chanting for Cena and all the men for Angle.

What an event. This was the best thing I was ever at. What were all of your favourite parts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

LivingDead wrote:
    Tomko messes up a slam on Venis and is met with a "YOU ****ED UP" chant. Not sure who won.

Hey, that was Tomko's patented "modified" side slam! And it was Tomko who won! He kicked Val in the face and pinned him. That man is going places

Modified huh? I't looked like he messed up to me lol. Either way I was happy to hear that chant. It felt like an ECW crowd.
    Speaking of ECW I loved the "ECW!" chant Tajiri got. It's too bad the whole arena didn't get in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

That man is going places

Where to? The next Heat tapings? Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tomko's got undeniable charisma. I was shocked when Christian showed up in TNA ahead of Tomko. Vince doesn't realise that he's sitting on a goldmine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Lol. Maybe WWE should do what they did with Jeff Jarrett and Jesse James following Jarrett leaving the WWE the first time.

Have Tomko come out and declare he was always the REAL Captain Charisma! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I enjoyed it overall. Under the circumstances and with them wrestling already that day it was a solid effort. My favourite moment was a 9 year old attacking me with his John Cena sign when I was cheering for Angle. That was a fun match. The last 3 in fact were really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

ye it was really entertaining with hhh's antics and shawn michaels. the womens match was great and i got 4months of booing outa my system.
    like the part when the 9yr old whacked vince, it is blasphamy to cheer against cena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not really lets hope they return with RAW not SMACKDOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

enjoyable night overall but not their best showing. but how can u enjoy it when u have a 9 yr old over shoulder missing more calls than michael cole [yes it is possible] all i have to say is bring back the ECW one rule "no minors no exceptions" apart from that for me the best bit of the night was HHH's long stand in the corner [flair's bit] with a minute exception [at least] stupid but good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

for me, the best part was Angle wipeing his nose with the flag, and Davari wiping his arse with it, the reactions of the northern guy behind me was priceless

• Advertisement

Did anyone else see the two kids getting into the ring during the break?
    It was priceless. The security didn't hold back and dragged the kids out of the arena to a "he's hardcore" chant. That was hilarious.

Advertisement