Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with cubase please

Options
  • 21-11-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

is recording with cubase a simple case of jammin my guitar into the mic slot on my pc or do i need some sort of expensive doowhacky to record properly?

help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Hmmm...If you unsure of even this I'd recommend something a little less complicated initially than Cubase to use for recording...

Try Adobe Audition, much easier to get set up on and start recording straight away.

And yes it should just be a matter of plugging your guitar into the line-in on your sound card, but just be careful when doing this, you might fry your sound card. Make sure the volume is low on your guitar when pluging it into the pc, and increase it ever so gradually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

i mean im fairly good at using computers and stuff its just that i didnt want to fry my soundcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Nah you'll need a much higher volume level input to your soundcard. What you'll need is either an amp with a direct output that you can connect to the PC or else an amp and a mic to record it with. If you're just jamming for testing purposes you can get a fairly cheap mic. If it's an acoustic you're recording it'll be too quiet for dynamic and you'll need a condenser mic, fairly expensive! Cheapest entry level condenser mic is probably AKG C1000S, which I bought for about €200 and found it for way cheaper on http://dolphinmusic.co.uk .

Edit: ooh ooh but Condenser mics also need external power called Phantom power but that mic has a battery you can use instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

have a look at getting an Alesis USB mixer interface on Thomann designed for plugging guitars, mikes into your PC, They come in 4,8,12 channel i think, you can probably get the 4 channel one for about 120e

Advertisement