Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another review of Brokeback Mountain

Options
  • 21-11-2005 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.nyobserver.com/culture_observatory.asp

Chokeback Mountain

“Brokeback Mountain declares that boy-on-boy is the new girl-on-girl.”
    The already-famous hot gay cowboy sex arrives fairly early in Brokeback Mountain. Without spoiling any of the cowpoking—and really, not since The Crying Game have genitals played such an important and odd role in a plot—it’s safe to share that it’s really fairly graphic and accurate. For Bound, the Wachowski siblings had to recruit sexpert Susie Bright to coach Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly on their girl-on-girl sex scenes, and that was probably the last time same-sex sex looked so totally right onscreen.

But for all the hubbub about the getting it on, little doggies, and for all the suppositions that straight men in the theaters will start flipping out as if they were having their eyelids taped open Clockwork Orange–style for a proctologist’s training video, and for all the endless tasteless puns on the title of Brokeback Mountain (and poor Senator Brownback!), the flick’s masterful man-wrangling-on-the-range isn’t what’s remarkable about the film, the much-anticipated unveiling of which will begin on Dec. 9.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Worth seeing then damien

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

A gay movie without anyone in drag, dying of AIDs and without The Village people or "I'm coming out" on the soundtrack. So yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

When is this out in Ireland?

I know it's out early December in the US, but not sure about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

Very late December in Ireland, I've heard. 30th me thinks.

Advertisement