Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix Online

• 21-11-2005 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

I managed to pick up Matrix Online in game today for €14.99. I've heard rather bad things about it, but I have to admit that for 15 quid I dont think I can go wrong. I havent tried it yet but will post when I do. Anyone play/playing it got any comments on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

it's run by SoE now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

yeah been playing it for about a year now and i have to say i am enjoying it , it is different from every other mmorg out there , the fighting is unigue and so cool looking , some good elements like the abilty to change class when ever you want , good live events and such oh and it is a beautiful game , the engine is stunning , however on the downside they rushed it , unlike other mmorgs there is not that much to do , and it does get old , i am the top lvl now for a while and i am finding it difficult to keep going ,but getting there was class, especially if you fall in with a good group ,
    if you give it a go , look me up in it , i go under "excaliburhc",

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

ah..that explains why you're so crap at BF2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

so cool looking, hmmm, sadly cool looking really doesnt interest me, or I'd still be playing EvE and would have stopped playing MUDS years ago.

ability to change class whenever you want screams imbalance to me i.e. that the character classes are not balanced enough so in order to compete you need to be able to change classes as the situation demands it.

Live events also dont interest me and my computer kinda sucks so the beauty of the game will be wasted (also re: paragraph 1)

rushing an MMORPG is never good and now that I hear that SOE are in charge... sigh, what a waste of 15 quid. Ah well, I'll still play it of course (although I still havent tried it yet :D)

In general though, I rarely subscribe to MMORPGs unless they are rather exceptional as I have an incredibly low attention span :|

Anyway, I'll look you up when I get online, possibly at the weekend when I'm not working and have enough time to really get into the game and get a feel for it...

Thanks for your post though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ne updates IVAN? i was thinking of buying too, is there susbscription fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 HellSpark

i beta tested MxO and for a time it was good, then the devs started messing round with everything and nerfing everything and it ended up sucking plus they never really fixed any of the problems that are so obvious while playing this game like invisable walls and badly balanced character classes some way overpowered like hacker class and some way underpowered like the spy class, i played this game for ages, but i have to admit the friends i made there was the main reason i kept playing, oh and the live events are crap, u also need a pretty good machine to run it on and even then if theres a big pvp battle going on ur gonna lag like crazy as in you see a frame and then 20 seconds l8r you'll see the next frame, my advice is listen to morpheus, free your mind from the matrix :D.

Advertisement