Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

any recommendations?

• 21-11-2005 12:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

hey all,

has anyone got any recommendations for buying a boom mic stand, microphone and muffler / wind shield online?

and while im at it can anyone recommend good broadcast qaulity video cameras, i've already got a Canon XL1 & XL2 but im looking to buy 2 more "cheapish" cameras that can have a shot locked off and left at that for a duration of a shoot

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

ehm im not sure of where to buy online..
    but ive used both a seinheiser 416 kit and a seinheiser K6 kit.
    the 416 is far more expensive than the k6.
    BUT the difference in quality isnt that big. but defanitely noticable.
    and from the sound of things youre fairly serious about your kit..
    so i put my stamp of approval on the 416..or theres the 816..
    also beware of cheap boom poles..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nice on the tips, how noticable is the drop is qaulity, because im looking for a good mic kit without going ott if ye know wot i mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

K6 is a lot less directional and not so well balanced..
    FAR more clipping with the K6..
    id say go with a 416..
    but have a look at prices and post em here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Don't forget to get yourself sorted with a decent mixer too.

If you get together a nice kit and know your audio you can make a nice bit freelancing as a location sound recordist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

_raptor_ wrote:
    ...can anyone recommend good broadcast qaulity video cameras, i've already got a Canon XL1 & XL2 but im looking to buy 2 more "cheapish" cameras that can have a shot locked off and left at that for a duration of a shoot

thanks

Howya! The Sony Z1 is a great little camera and its around 4500 euro(Same as xl1/2) It can record Dv, DVCam, and HD res. I Just finished shooting a series for rte on it and it was brilliant. it can record in NTSC and Pal also! Check it out here!

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/DisplayModel?m=0&sm=0&p=2&sp=141&id=78439

• Advertisement
Advertisement