Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20th november wwe show

• 21-11-2005 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

just got back home...all in all the show was good.....
    main event was cena and hhh...like the previous night the kids and girls were chanting cena's name and the guys that seemed to know somewhat about wrestling were either chanting "cena sucks" or for hhh......kids were turning around and seemed very surprised anytime some1 said "cena sucks".....
    cena did however do a good eddie tribute at the end..he got a picture that someone drew of eddie from a fan and placed it in a ring...held his title up and put it onto the picture along with one of his wristbands...that at least got some more people chanting his name and clapping..
    Throughout the night there were many "eddie" chants but i was surprised that cena was the only one that did a "tribute"....someone handed lillian an irish flag with "viva la raza" on it...and after the break she took it to the ring and just said that "we will never forget eddie".......
    As I said before..show was good and incase anyone is wondering.....worst match was benjaman vs conway i thought....although enteraining at times......people were generally quiet during this match and at time people chanted "boring"....leave your thoughts about the show guys...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They said on the Saturday that they'll be back in the UK in April, listing a load of dates nobody cared about, and then said that there'll be one date in Belfast, which got boos. No Dublin dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Met alll the superstars after the show, all the divas were lovely not "divaish" at all! Angle was very friendly so was Cena and same with Kane. I've been a fan of hbk since i was a kid and the response when i asked him for a photo was " no way not a chance were done tonight" He, hhh and flair were all togeather and didnt seem friendly at all, dont know what to think about it really i know they were tired but what does it take to stand still for a second for a photo... Anyways good show and was impressed how friendly angle was even tho his head was visably swolen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

biggest waste of 65 euro ever... it ****in sucked.. I didn't even stick around for hhh & cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Met alll the superstars after the show, all the divas were lovely not "divaish" at all! Angle was very friendly so was Cena and same with Kane. I've been a fan of hbk since i was a kid and the response when i asked him for a photo was " no way not a chance were done tonight" He, hhh and flair were all togeather and didnt seem friendly at all, dont know what to think about it really i know they were tired but what does it take to stand still for a second for a photo... Anyways good show and was impressed how friendly angle was even tho his head was visably swolen!!
    WOW thats really sad to hear about hbk and flair. I mean you expect it from honker hearst helmsley, but hbk....I thought he had changed his life around, become a born again christian. To me that sounds like hbk of the mid ninties who loved the smelll of his own farts, and Flair, I always that he'd be real fan friendly, the kind of guy that would that would have a beer with you and tell you about some crazy ass match from way back in '78.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

The show on the 19th was pretty good I thought. It was a bit shorter than the Smackdown show at the Point, but that's not a bad thing. It was nice to finally see Flair live. I'm sick of seeing Angle lose by now. They must be building him up for a win at the next pay per view against Cena.

I've been to 3 shows now this year, including the smackdown at the RDS, and I feel I've had a fill of it now for quite a while. Maybe I will go to SummerSlam or Wrestlemania some time or a RAW televised event, but I would be done with the tour events, where no titles change hands, so there is less suspense.

The recent issues concerning drugs, the health and tortuous schedule of the wrestlers have dampened the whole thing a bit I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think if you people want to see some good wrestling, you really need to go see an IWW, NWA or CPW event. These guys have no egos, and really put on a good show. If you want to speak to them after the show, they are more than appraochable (those that Ive met anyways).

Now Im not knocking the WWE, far from it, as if it was for WWE, i wouldnt be into wrestling, full stop, but to me, its a bit like following the Prmiership and being an eircom League fan. Its grand watching the premiership on the telly, but its not the same as going to a live event, and when you do go to a premiership game, it all seems a tad impersonal.

As an example, reading
    I've been a fan of hbk since i was a kid and the response when i asked him for a photo was " no way not a chance were done tonight"
    is awful. Last friday night, Cork City won the eircom league, and I was celebrating in the same bar as the players til the wee small hours. Im sure Frank lampard and Didier Drogba werent doing that with Chelsea fans last season.

Point is, WWE is great to watch, and nice to see an event every now and then, but a local event is alot more 'intimate'/personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

met trish and angle in hmv at the signing i was very surprised at how friendly they were.

trish was really nice.... both looking and otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I thought the show was ok. Wouldnt really rush out again to buy tickets at that price, not unless the card was a bit stronger. Angle and Michaels was probably match of the night for me. A few weak matches, there were a lot of sleepers etc that slowed down the match pace and the crowd was visibly dead during them bouts. One guy who really caught my attention was Trevor Murdoch, i thought he was fantastic at playing the role he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

how did u meet them?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    I think if you people want to see some good wrestling, you really need to go see an IWW, NWA or CPW event. These guys have no egos, and really put on a good show. If you want to speak to them after the show, they are more than appraochable (those that Ive met anyways).

Now Im not knocking the WWE, far from it, as if it was for WWE, i wouldnt be into wrestling, full stop, but to me, its a bit like following the Prmiership and being an eircom League fan. Its grand watching the premiership on the telly, but its not the same as going to a live event, and when you do go to a premiership game, it all seems a tad impersonal.

As an example, reading

is awful. Last friday night, Cork City won the eircom league, and I was celebrating in the same bar as the players til the wee small hours. Im sure Frank lampard and Didier Drogba werent doing that with Chelsea fans last season.

Point is, WWE is great to watch, and nice to see an event every now and then, but a local event is alot more 'intimate'/personal.

i totally agree with you 100 percent........
    however trish and kurt were alright at hmv...kurt took a minute out when i said im sorry bout what happened to eddie...he took a sigh and said "eddie meant alot to us,alot to this business and alot to the fans,lets never forget him" and the he put out his hand again for me to shake......
    he was visibly shaken though........he wasnt smiling like trish....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I though it was a fairly good show. Trish and Angle were really nice in HMV. Met Kane, Steamboat, Victoria and Lilian. Lilian was really nice, she brought her bags to the bus and went round to every person waiting signing autographs and taking pictures!!

You can't expect each wrestler to stop and sign autographs and take pictures.In June I got more autographs than last night because there was only 3 of us there waiting!!

where abouts at the point did you guys meet them?how long after the show was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

i really enjoyed the show sunday night, i was at ringside luckily for it. great crowd and great atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

yak_kadafi wrote:
    where abouts at the point did you guys meet them?how long after the show was this?

Met them about 2 hours before the show, outside the hotel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hulk4ever

Met them about 2 hours before the show, outside the hotel!

Where were they staying . Where outside the point did you get them ?

Did anyone see any of them in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hulk4ever wrote:
    Where were they staying . Where outside the point did you get them ?

Did anyone see any of them in town

........eh stalker? Only messing.LOL

Advertisement