Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Best is critically ill

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's amazing how this thread vanished as soon as it wqas changed from "died" to "critically ill". Morbid curiousity is alive and well (no pun intended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

I have a feeling it will become popular again as soon as we get a final result,i will have to get the title edited...Again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I think you'll be ammending the title again soon.

He has just hours to live now according to his doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah, sad news altogether. Going by news reports it'll be today anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,251 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rest in Peace

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I feel sorry for his family, and send them my condolences, especially his father who has had to live through the death of his wife due to alcohol abuse and now the death of his son. However, while George Best was a legend as a soccer player, he was the maker of his own downfall. I do hope he finds peace wherever he is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

People in the news are describing him as a hero. What sycophantic sh*te. He's not a hero. He never was a hero. He's a footballer who died due to alcohol abuse, screwing someone else out of a liver all the while. Not a hero. Not even close.

RIP like, of course, but don't go distorting his legacy and putting him on a plateau just because he died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

NoelRock wrote:
    People in the news are describing him as a hero. What sycophantic sh*te. He's not a hero. He never was a hero. He's a footballer who died due to alcohol abuse, screwing someone else out of a liver all the while. Not a hero. Not even close.

RIP like, of course, but don't go distorting his legacy and putting him on a plateau just because he died.
    Hero: any illustrious person; a person reverenced and idealised.
    He was a hero and idol to lots of soccer fans down to his amazing talent.
    He's clearly not yours.
    Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

The one thing about George was that he was one of the best footballers I have seen. On a par with Pele.

I think he died happy with his memories. Probably thinking about all those lovely fillies he serviced over his lifetime. No wonder it took him so long to die, it took him that long to go through the long list including one miss world.

I wish I could have his memories!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

What a sad loss.

R.I.P George

Advertisement