Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

21st B.day

• 21-11-2005 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I don't know exactly if this is the correct place to post this but here it goes..

My girl friends 21st birthday is coming up in three weeks time,
    I've gotten her something already, but a single thing seems petty.
    It's a silver bracelet with her birthstone and engraved on the inside is "HerDOD Love MyName".
    I was planing on making a special dinner for her aswell.

I was wondering what everyone else thinks and could you mention anything else that I might get/do for her.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

21stHelp wrote:
    engraved on the inside is "HerDOD Love MyName".

I hope you mean DOB as DOD is short for "Date of Death".

Sounds like a really nice present and combined with making her dinner should see you in the running for boyfriend of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah she'll be happy enough with that, try and get a weekend away if you can stretch it but i think what you've planned already is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I had a chinese for my 21st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

That's really sweet. My then-bf bought me a beautiful pair of earrings for my 21st, I still wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

21stHelp wrote:
    Hi, I don't know exactly if this is the correct place to post this but here it goes..

It's a silver bracelet with her birthstone and engraved on the inside is "HerDOD Love MyName".

I was wondering what everyone else thinks and could you mention anything else that I might get/do for her.

Sounds lovely. Chill out dude that pressie rules. You could be in the running for best boyfriend eva!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

What's the problem? That's a lovely present! She should be glad of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

21stHelp wrote:

Thats a lovely present, and I'll bet she'll be delighted when she gets it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

21stHelp wrote:

Thats such a thoughtfull present, its very clear to see you have put a lot of time and thought into her present. Id be so chuffed if i was her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

awwww.... thats sooo sweet!! :D Don't get her anything else... just write her a really nice card!... she will love that!!... And maybe send her some flowers on the day... that would be sweet!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yup thats lovely, u dont need to lavish presents on her, the fact that u put time and effort (and a little personalisation) into her pressie is worth so much, if u make her a meal urself, its more personal, intimate and special.. ur showing the rest of the lads up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

crackin pressie she will definitely like it,.. to stretch it a bit more, maybe you could plan to go to a show or something,make a night out of it?
    (took my GF to see Toy story on ice as an extra for her 21st:o .. big Disney buffs both of us)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

I got mine (2 months ago now):

1. A silver bangle
    2. A jacket
    3. An i-station
    4. Perfume
    5. Pout lip gloss(i think its lip gloss anyway)
    6. Giant card
    7. Cds
    8. 21 red roses delivered to her house (that was her favourite present of the lot) Cheesy i know, but effective :)

needless to say i'm still broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

The Troll wrote:
    I got mine (2 months ago now):

1. A silver bangle
    2. A jacket
    3. An i-station
    4. Perfume
    5. Pout lip gloss(i think its lip gloss anyway)
    6. Giant card
    7. Cds
    8. 21 red roses delivered to her house (that was her favourite present of the lot) Cheesy i know, but effective :)

needless to say i'm still broke.

You'll be pig sick if she dumps you anytime soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Great pressie OP! Us girlies love a bit of thought, which you obv have done so you're sorted tbh. Another really romantic cutesy type thing is to make her card yourself... on computer or whatever, just a little bit original and again shows a bit of thought.. just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Hi, I'm the orignal poster and would like to say thanks to all for your opinions...
    I just gave my GF, (Madge), her pressies and she's thrilled. :D

A silver bracelet with her birthstone (topaz) and an engraving that says, "25/11/84 Love David"...
    A bottle of purfume, which she love more...:p
    And a simple card, that speaks the truth...

The next thing I have to do is cook dinner which I'll do during the weekend as we will have some time to ourselves then...:rolleyes:

Advertisement