Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

txt/SPAm costing me 2euro a go! HELP

• 21-11-2005 2:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

GOt a txt from txtcredit.com regarding its "free web site", took 2euro off my speakeasy credit even though i didn't subscribe or solicit the text.

Bu at least thats a once off.

For past weeks am getting text from a what seems to be a joke line, only once a week, but taking 2euro and again not subscribed or solicited
    number shows as 0863810448 this srevice probider is zamano

i've tried unsub, stop etc but comes back as "invalid keyword"

Other one seems to be from Realm, and is a draw for credit, taking 2euros off me more frequently.

Looking thro my text the joke ones seem to have originated from the txtcredit.com oe, its the same 086 number being used.

I didnt subscribe to ANY of these
    how can i stop them?
    can i recover my money ?
    how is it legal for o2 to deduct my credit without me oking anything (Iknow some of this spam can be written very trickily, but i didnt AGREE to anything )

Also tried forwardin them to the 504555 number 02 suggest for spam my fone wont send it, comes up as "unsent Mail"

please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.txtcredit.com/terms.php?S=5ff65d96066aa16b6d91997bbbd21e3a
    Each piece of content will be charged at 2euro. Text stop to 57033 to unsubscribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

:)

What bugs me is I didn't subscribe in first place
    can't see how its legal to offer a service which is taken up UNLESS you decline.

and anyways tried the txt stop thing comes back as invalid keyword
    also unsub, unsubscribe etc

And the other one the "euro draw" gives no unsubscribe details, but I think there might of been a phone bumber on inital texy must check.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps a friend or family member subscribed you without you knowing?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My "Quick" guide on how to deal with this

1.Ring your operator, give them the short code - or number that the message came from.
    They will tell you what company are sending you the meassages.

2. Then ring comreg they will give you a number for the company.

3. Ring the company, demand to speak to a manager, tell him/her that you never subscribed to the service and tried to unsubscribe with no joy and that you want a full refund and be permantley removed from their database
    If he/she declines tell him/her to PROVE that you did subscribe.
    ie when/and to what number.

Usually at this stage they will offer a refund in the form of a postal order.

If not then say you want written proof of when you subscribed to cross check with your operator.

If it goes any further go to Com reg and report them.

This is how i dealt with it, and got full refunds +

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I don't have friends and I murdered my family in their beds on Halloween 1975

oops .

If they did my they go to the hell of perpetual call centre operative

Just got a txt after sending combinations of "feck off/ stop"

"Your number has been noted and will be removed from future promotional offerings, Thank you"

Thing is its from yet a different 086 number so dunno which service I successful cancelled :(

Also now a vague worry did I somehow subscribe via the net, I don't subcribe to any "offers" online except though, when they are on the pigsback site . Hmmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement