Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help setting up Eircom BB

• 21-11-2005 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

A friend ask me to set up his eircom broadband for him. I have never done this for the eircom broadband and have therefore a few questions.
    1) How long does it normally take eircom from requesting broadband until it is set up?
    2) Do you get your ID and password in a separate letter or is this included in the CD that comes with the router?
    3) How can you check, if the broadband is already activated on the account?

Thanks
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

mdebets wrote:
    A friend ask me to set up his eircom broadband for him. I have never done this for the eircom broadband and have therefore a few questions.
    1) How long does it normally take eircom from requesting broadband until it is set up?
    2) Do you get your ID and password in a separate letter or is this included in the CD that comes with the router?
    3) How can you check, if the broadband is already activated on the account?

Thanks
    Michael
    1) lol... um "10 working days" *wink* *wink*
    2)its hardwired on the router, standard for all, username: eircom@eircom.net || password: broadband1
    3)plug in the netopia router, wait a minute or two to see if the "dsl synch" light comes on. Try it on the main phone point without a filter just to be sure, if it doesn't, check with sales or tech support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Thanks for your answer.
    I just found out that he showed me the wrong phoneline (he has two), so I was trying to install it on the phoneline that wasn't BB enabled. Have to try it again later.

Advertisement