Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House painting - Brush or spray?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Have to paint the outside of my house (it's that rough pebble-dashed exterior) and I was thinking that maybe one of those electric painter-sprayers might be the way to go. I've used one years ago and it was badly affected by weather (if it was at all windy, paint went everywhere).

Any recommendations? Should I just stick to the normal brush?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'd personally stick to the brush !

I know brushing is a pain (I've just finished my own !), but I helped a friend recently who'd hired a spray paint unit & unless you live in a vacuum, it can make one hell of a mess !. Both his car & the neighbours car has a load of tiny white paint spots that took ages to clean off afterwards.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Chabsey,

There are heavy or deep pile rollers that can do the job better than spraying and almost as good as a brush.

You can look forward to applying two coats without a spray gun but real painters call a spray finish on dashing nothing more than a colour wash.

Advertisement