Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease Line Internet options in Dublin

Options
  • 21-11-2005 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HI there,

I was hoping to get some advice from the knowledgeable people in this BB. A client of ours in Fitz Williams street in Dublin is looking at upgrading there internet connection. At the moment I am based in Turkey and not really familiar with the ISP's in Ireland.

We are looking for a 2Mb Dedicated leased line symmetrical connection. I have contacted a few providers such as Ericom but was not overly impressed with the quote I received.

I would be grateful for anyone who can suggest an ISP that has fare prices and above average customer service..

Kind Regards,

Warren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Leap do an SDSL line from some exchanges. You could also try Esat. Both of those will be cheaper than Eircom.

http://www.leap.ie/
    http://www.esat.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

With leased lines it's extremely worthwhile to get 2 vendors competing against each other for a week or 2, and not go on initial quotes.

We've tried Cable & Wireless & Esat and have had a nice bidding war going. Eircom have never bothered negotiating, so they're a waste of time.
    If you're open to transfer other telephony services to that provider then they'll be a bit more interested. Last round was about 30% cheaper than the eircom base rate.

Esat's corporate service has been decent. C&W less so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Yeah Esat will go very low to get your business. but they can only go so far as most of the time they are buying wholesale LL from eircom at a discount.

What excactly are you looking to do as you may be able to look at a MPLS solution via equant

Does it need to over the Internet back to Turkey what data are you transferring do you want to use voice also.

Advertisement