Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell W3706M LCD TV - worth €2414?

• 21-11-2005 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about treating myself to the Dell W3706M LCD TV(Link), it seems to have everything I could want from a t.v and looks "futureproof" and i'm guessing it would last me 5 years easily.

My question is, is it worth the price? Dell arent known to be the cheapest around, looking on komplett I can see the Sharp Aquos 37" LCD-TV LC37GA6E 16:9, 800:1, HD-ready is €2,399 (Link) and the Samsung 37" LCD-TV LE37R41B, 16:9, 1366 x 768, PIP, HDMI, HD-ready is only €2,099.(Link)

Is there much/any difference between these t.v's apart from the asthetics? I can't really tell - not great at reading the specs plus I wouldnt even know if they were good or not.

If youve got this far then thanks, and if you have any advice i'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

there's a german website called Katronics or something like that...supposed to be very good and alot cheaper than other places..have a look at the other posts..it was only recently that some guy recommended them..think he bought a plasma from them..2 days delivery for only e48.
    Also why not go for plasman??? unless you're going for the new sony bravia quality will not be as great regardless of what people say about LCD. I know loads of ppl who bought LCD's and are very disappointed with the intermittent quality of them..also plasma's are now good for well over 5/10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm still trying to choose whats the better option - LCD or plasma. I'm swaying towards LCD at the moment because I have heard some bad things about plasma screens and images being burnt in to them - and I havn't heard much complaints about LCD's yet.

I'll check out Katronics too, might sniff out a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

only complaint i have about lcd's now is the picture from a bad source, it shows its imperfections easily, where as a crt would blend it in.
    Alot of tweaking on contrast brightness colour and sharpness improve things greatly, but tbh the lcds now are built for hi def, i played hi def through the tv and its a perfect picture.
    Plasma is great for size and if your used to crt, but suffers from burning
    Only thing with lcd that can go wrong is dead pixels (i have one green one now)and various different things like the backlight failing, but thats rare.
    Some people even say lcds get better with time, kinda like a "burn in" period.

Advertisement