Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland Complaints?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I ordered Broadband+Line rental from BT 19th of august and waited for 6 weeks and they gave me 26th of september as go-live date. Untill 8th of october no sign of anthing. so i called them up to cancel my order and refund my €125.00 deposit. Since then i am waitng for them to cancel the port from eircom. now i cant order order broadband from any other company as eircom says my line is still with BT. and BT says they cncelled it already. i am just stuck. I wrote a complaint to COMREG two weeks ago. they havent responded anything to me yet..! any advise?? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BuilderBobie

Well I have to sat that I ain't heard any good about BT.
    I was using IOL as my ISP. BT bought them out nad I have to say they were dire when it came to closing my account.
    I did'nt bother renewing my yearly subscription, they then sent a debth collector after me. Shre was the most arrogant B**ch. Anyways I got things sorted after paying the bloodsy thing. THis year I got another demand for my account :mad:
    I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭korramatta

I've never ending list of complaints from BT Customer care team, funny thing is i worked for BT-yahoo tech supportt desk( for UK) based in swords and our team was'nt this bad ( atleast we thought)!!!):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Comreg would pass your complaint to both Eircom and BT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

korramatta wrote:
    any advise??

Register you complaint with the website set up to deal with BT and their infamous billing system, its called

www.btirelandsucks.com

Thanks .. i'll do that!

• Advertisement

its been a month and Comreg never got back to me! in the mean time i am still waiting my deposit back from Bt, and i cancelled my line as i have to change my address. will see what happens???? moral is never expect your money back from Bt

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

korramatta wrote:
    its been a month and Comreg never got back to me! in the mean time i am still waiting my deposit back from Bt, and i cancelled my line as i have to change my address. will see what happens???? moral is never expect your money back from Bt
    Why dont you contact COMREG and ask them for an update on your complaint.
    It seems strange that they would not contact you if for no other reason than to acknowledge receipt of your complaint.

Something odd happening here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If they sent a debt collector after you for no good reason that's totally dodgy legal territory.

I'd just sue them. It's defemation of character at the very least as you didn't get into debt with them and they informed a 3rd party, the debt collection agency, that you did.

Call a solicitor if they do it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Solair wrote:
    I'd just sue them. It's defamation of character at the very least as you didn't get into debt with them and they informed a 3rd party, the debt collection agency, that you did.

Exactly, you will have no problems collecting witnesses to BT Irelands billing systems on Boards and are guaranteed a win in the small claims court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Forget small claims, get a solicitor on the case. That's worth looking into. People have sued for far less reason.

Sending debt collection agencies after you damages your good name and standing. You have every right to rectify that in the civil courts.

There's no point in being bulled like that. At the very least, threaten them severely with a legal letter pointing out the consequences and force a settlement.

• Advertisement

I have already threatened them saying, if you fail to resolve.. i have to approach my solicitor,, ,, dont think they took it seriously .. as i dont think i am the first person who did so.. secondly I contacted comreg again ( not through their 1850 number) through email,, they havent responded.. .. Meanwhile.. i cancelled my eircom line .. because when i want to change my address Eircom wants €121 as a transfer fee( and ofcourse i cant keep my number as its a different exchange).. its free if i open a new connection.???? I wont give up.. will call BT again.. I dont know if its feasable for me to go to a solicitor as all of you understand the cost of taking time off from work,,,to get my 125 euro back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i ordered Broadband off BT for the company i work for in may, i did a deal wit the business comms manager and he agreed to send out a tech the next week to sort everything out as there was an issue with a credit card machine, i signed all the documents and changed my phone over to BT also, unfortunatly i was leaving for america the week after i ordered it and when i got back i september i go back to work and still no broadband, i rang up and they have magically forgotten about everthing and the manager has mysteriously disappeared, well i say fcuk them im moving back to eircom in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 weewoman

My saga begins in a Galaxy far far away (well, west of Dublin a bit...may as well be!). We returned from that communications heaven of America in June and a couple of months later find that we had been paying for Option 3 BT Broadband when in fact we were recieving Option 2. We called BT (the number now ingrained in my memory...a four digit number that will forever haunt me into the inner reaches of my soul!) and asked for our account to be credited with the money that they owed us from January. We did not want the upgrade, but they said that they would give it to us anyway. Fair enough...

...and then the Broadband stopped working and has not worked ever since. Turns out in our little Galaxy the lines don't support the upgrade. Now here is the rub! Notice the date on this post! Hee hee...yes for a full nine days now my other half's day has started with a call to the lovely lads and lasses at the BT call center (or perhaps purgatory). Each day he gets another person on the phone who read through the call log and who cannot provide any answers. It took them 36 hours to upgrade the line...a downgrade is another matter entirely.

AND GUESS WHO IS TO BLAME???? You see, we may be able to "break free" of Eircom, but you can't break the ties that bind in Ireland...as the lines still belong to Eircom so if something goes wrong at the exchange, they have to log their problem with the Eircom lads, who in their parked in a lay-by tea drinking capacity will not pioritise a competitor's problem.

..and so here I am...10 miles away from my house on the computer using my friend's wireless as I have none of my own. This morning's call to BT was done by myself, as on Wednesday we were promised that the downgrade was logged and that we could expect our broadband to be switched back on by Thursday. Today Friday, I politely took them to task on this, asked them to elevate me to a supervisor...and guess what...all of them were in a meeting (bless - perhaps with The Dark Lord) and that it would take 24 hours for one to phone me back. I asked for their names...got them and then said I would expect a call by 11.17 next day (tomorrow being Saturday...would anybody like to put any bets on???) or I would (and I quote) "Have my lawyer in tow next time I called" - Call center chickie replied "I don't take too kindly to threats, goodbye" - and set the phone down on me.

Did I threaten...NO...Did I use language or shout...NO...

All I want is this shabby excuse of a company to do their job.

...oh and by the way...I did phone back...got another lad...who confirmed that the downgrade was never logged, he said that it only had been logged this morning and that it would take....wait for it...

FIVE WORKING DAYS!!!!!:mad:

Any advice for my next course of action, apart from lighting up my lightsaber and doing some Yoda moves?

Advertisement