Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Check it out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Im shocked and appalled. How insensitive can ya get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

That is simply disgusting. I emailed them as told them what I thought of it. I would suggest that anyone else who feels the same way should do so too and perhaps they will remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

what the hell??? someone tell me this is pure bollox on the onions side or has the wwe finally lost the plot? (i highly doubt even the wwe would try this on)

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

b0bsquish wrote:
    what the hell??? someone tell me this is pure bollox on the onions side or has the wwe finally lost the plot? (i highly doubt even the wwe would try this on)

:mad:

I think its safe to say that its pure BS given the fact that the onion is a paper that does fictional stories only. A highly insenitive artical: im gonna send them a strong worded e-mail like Despatch suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It is sick, but unfortunately websites like this make fun of celebrity deaths all the time, this is just the first time in a while it has been a wrestler, all be it one who is so well thought of.
    WWE are guilty of this themselves, I remember this rap by Cena a couple of years ago:

John Cena's more American than silicon strippers.
    Leaving cats dead in their tracks from heart attacks, like John Ritter. ...

This was pretty much the same day the guy died, now there might not be too many "Three's Company" or "Problem Child" fans watching WWE as well, but somebody somewhere liked the guy.

Best to just ignore tasteless cr*p like that, because it goes on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I think the article was taking more pot shots at WWE than Eddie himself. They are trying to get a point across, they are just going about it completely the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Dragan wrote:
    I think the article was taking more pot shots at WWE than Eddie himself. They are trying to get a point across, they are just going about it completely the wrong way.

Thats pretty much how i saw it, never the less, I sent them an email outlining my disgust at their distaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't know, it made me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who the hell looks at the onion anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Mossy Monk wrote:
    who the hell looks at the onion anyway

Eh...a large amount of people read The Onion, perhaps not here but definitely in North America. The whole 'paper' is satirical so I dont think people should be too uptight about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

In reference to your sig dude, the also did the Swiss Army knife, which i think we will all agree was the saviour of McGyver on more than one occassion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

lol.

i was quite upset about eddie's death but it's no september 11th.....and even the onion's sept 11th stuff made me chortle.

the onion could slag my death and i'd probably find it funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If you don't want to offended, don't go to the Onion. This is pretty normal for their writing. I find the majroity of their articles funny. It's not a direct attack at Eddie - It's just a bit of humour at WWE's expense.

Advertisement