Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused?!?

• 21-11-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

my bf is at college in galway and im in college in dublin so i only ever see him at the weekend now. everythings been going ok he keeps saying he doesnt want to break up but it just seems to be getting harder every week?? i dont know what to do this week end when he was home we where out he had a few drinks and started to tell me everything he hated about me. i think he is trying to get me to break up wit him but i love him loads.should i just end it now or wait a bit longer and see how it go's im so confused i just need some advice from the more experienced.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

my gf's in limerick, i'm in galway. I can understand its hard, but if he's trying to break up with you, maybe it's just not going to work. Try asking him straight up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

He started telling you everything he hated about you?! That should be a sign right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭finlma

Sounds like he wants you to break up with him cause he's too chicken to do it. I did this once myself - it's a cowards way out.
    Distance relationships don't work - it puts too much stress on all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

finlma wrote:
    Sounds like he wants you to break up with him cause he's too chicken to do it. I did this once myself - it's a cowards way out.
    Distance relationships don't work - it puts too much stress on all involved.

On the contrary, me and my ex gf actually got through 10 months of her being in Mayo and me being in Limerick, thats pretty much 5 and a half hours Bus Eireann time. We got through it fine. It wasn't until years later that we broke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Try 3 years of a relationship in 'long distance mode'. It can work, for some. But be fair to yourself - You should drop him. He's being nasty and for whatever reason you think he might have, you shouldn't stick around to find out for certain. Let him go now and go have some fun (eventually)

Gil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That sounds odds alright. He might be trying to summon up the courage to convince himself that he wants to break up with you.

You need to sit down and have a good old chat, preferrably without the demon drink involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

katieo, it sounds as if he is being a bit of a bastard. How long have you been going out together??? You are not a whipping boy for him to vent his issues out on. Hopefully it is a one off, but if it happens again I would think seriously about ending it. You don't deserve to be spoken to or treated like that. Even if you do love him.....when people love each other they don't treat their partner like that.

Goodluck

Advertisement