Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Impreza WRX, WRX Turbo, WRX STI

Options
  • 21-11-2005 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey all

just looking for the main differences between the Impreza

WRX
    WRX Turbo
    STI

Basically just want to know mainly the differences with BHP
    and anything else you can throw

Would really like an STI but if there is not much difference might go for one of the lesser mainly cause of the money.

would look to be getting 2001 model

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

AHH a man or maybe a woman after my own hart

i am currently the proud owner of a 05 WRX which produces 225 BHp
    All WRX are Turbo charged . The STi produces 265 BHp has a 6 speed box
    and racing like / hard suspension .

The STi only officially arrived into Ireland in 2002 .

One word of advise Only buy a european spec model and not a Jap import .

Jap import Turbo charged engines will not last with 95 octane fuel in Eurpoe and remaps despite what your told do not work . If buying a japo make sure to have a good reserve fund for the obligitory engine rebuild .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sohandy

thanks man

i heard about not going to jap imports alright.
    thought is was something to do with the fact that is was hard to locate parts hadnt a clue about the fuel.
    no way i be goin for one.

i am looking to get the STI but havin bother with insurance.
    the only one i could get to quote me was Britton.
    €98 an month but i pay for inital €4000. over that the insurance will help with the rest.
    currently with AXA just a hell no with them.
    i will be 30 by the time they will quote me.
    tried FBD they sais no as well.
    i dont know im 26 and had little fender bender but some places just dont want to touch high performance cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oiche99

one thing you could to lower your insurance, is get a lady with full licence (your mum, wife for example) and place them on your insurance as named driver. Should bring down your insurance by a few euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

would jap imported legacy's fall under the same problem with 95 octane fuel?

A nice legacy B4 twin turbo auto estate would be a nice second car, but if it's not going to put up with our fuel, there'd be no point.

Advertisement