Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I be honest and tell?

• 21-11-2005 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I am kinda seein a girl at the moment and starting to like her. At the start it was a series of one night stands but now its different. Anyway I met a girl ages ago when I was away for a weekend and we really hit it off and are still textin and ringing 6months later. She is supposed to be comin down to stay close by at the weekend and wants to meet up. I am gonna sound like a prick but even tho I have only met this girl once I think I might like her more than the girl I am seein. I haven’t told the girl I am seein about the other and vice-versa. I could say I am goin away for the weekend to the girl I am seein and spend the weekend with the other girl…but I’m not sure…

Something like this happened before and I told my girlfrend at the time. The other girl was stayin in my gaff as a mate of mine met her frend. Anyway I scored the other girl that nite and got away with it..but broke up a while later with the girlfrend…not sure if the 2 were related..she might have known but didn’t say anything!

I am not sure if I want to risk losing the girl I am seein if I tell her, but not sure I wanna risk not meetin the other girl and thinking wat if?

HELP!!..i you can understand it all!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Just make you mind up wihich one you like more and stop f*cking both of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

thats it tho...I don't want to f*ck either around...but I don't know which one I like more...

I am kinda seein a girl at the moment and starting to like her.
    You either like her or not, your either seeing or not.

If your seeing her then dont see the second girl.

If your not seeing the first girl then tell her that your not interested and go see the second girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

If your over 30 then cop on and stop messin them about. If your young and foolish then heres what to do. Don't say anything to the girl your seeing at the mo, you should prob break it off with her as it sounds like your not into her anymore and just using her till somthing better comes along but you don't sound like the type of bloke whos gonna bite the bullet and call it with her so anyhow don't tell her about this girl thats coming to visit and tell her your spending the weekend with the lads (I wouldn't lie and say your going away) When this girl comes up tell her your seeing someone but that you've thought of her for the last 6months and really like her and your very confused etc. If things go well with holiday girl then tell your current girl you met someone months ago that you liked and have met up again and your really sorry but you don't want to hurt her but you can't see things continuing successfully cause you fancy someone else. Don't forget that this girl you've been txting is only up for a week end, are you gonna throw away a realationship for just 2 days?

Be with her to sort your curiosity out and if you want to see her again then break it off with the gilf, if its just for 1 weekend and your definately not going to see this girl or txt again then tell your girlf you were with someone but your sorry and it won't happen again, and don't let it happen again.

Off topic now but if anyones going to acuse me of being ageist I only said the opening line cause if he is over 30 then he should know better, if he's in his early 20's then its about time he started making mistakes and learning lifes lessons

So wise Arginite!

I am prob a prick but the girl I am seein (i am seeing her!) lives here, and the other girl lives elsewhere and is comin for the weekend. I asked her ages ago, before I started to see the other girl and she told me bout 3 weeks ago that she would be down.

If i tell the visitor that i'm not interested..i have been f*ckin her around for 6 months...the girl i'm seein f*cked me round at the start (not an excuse and not plannin an eye for an eye type response either).

Bottom line is If i could get away wit it should I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I think you would be better off lying to her to be honest!!.... If you meet up with the other one and see how you get along etc... You might not like her as much as you thought you did!... In that case you can go back with the girl you are seeing and carry on as if nothing happenned... What she doesn't know won't hurt her and it might make you realise how much you do actually like her!!!
    If it turns out that you and this girl get on really well and you like her more than the girl you are seeing now.... you can finish it and not tell her it is because of this other girl!!.. Again what she doesn't know won't hurt her!!.....

In early 20's! so think i know wat i'm gonna do!

Good line by Oul Doll Cork"what she doesn't know won't hurt her!!....."

Feel guilt tho.....:rolleyes:

Oh... this is off topic..
    .... I don't believe that relationships can work out when they start with one night stands!!... You just lose respect and start off on the wrong foot!!.... Just my opinion!

.... I don't believe that relationships can work out when they start with one night stands!!... You just lose respect and start off on the wrong foot!!.... Just my opinion!

Uh-oh Spagettios!!

The visitor wasn't a one night stand...the girl i'm seein was.......:eek:

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Feel guilt tho.....:rolleyes:

Yeaaahh yeaaahhh Im sure you feel so guilty!!... haha... Nah seriously feck it... especially if she ****ed you about at the start!... I know that must sound a bit childish but its true!!...
    .... how long are you seeing her Kwinabeeste??

• Advertisement

Uh-oh Spagettios!!

The visitor wasn't a one night stand...the girl i'm seein was.......:eek:

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Yeaaa.... thats what im talking about!!!... The one your seeing!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeaaahh yeaaahhh Im sure you feel so guilty!!... haha... Nah seriously feck it... especially if she ****ed you about at the start!... I know that must sound a bit childish but its true!!...
    .... how long are you seeing her Kwinabeeste??

bout a month properly..was wit her before that tho!

So you're sayin the visitor could be the one then?!?!?!?

Bottom line is If i could get away wit it should I?

Im not the type of person you should be asking that off:)

I wouldnt do it.
    But im not you, its up to you if you dont mind hurting people or not!

A month is nothing like!....
    ... it doesn't sound as if ye are both serious about the relationship anyway!!....
    .... If you are in contact with this other one for 6 months... chances are that you know much more about her than this other one!!...

A month is nothing like!....
    ... it doesn't sound as if ye are both serious about the relationship anyway!!....
    .... If you are in contact with this other one for 6 months... chances are that you know much more about her than this other one!!...

thats true like boy ya know!..

no offence to corkonians, but was watchin the news there bout keano last week and every1 that was interviewed kept sayin ya know and like the whole time! is it as bad as that?

QUOTE=kwinabeeste]thats true like boy ya know!..

no offence to corkonians, but was watchin the news there bout keano last week and every1 that was interviewed kept sayin ya know and like the whole time! is it as bad as that?[/QUOTE]

haha...Very funny bboyyyy!! haha... Im murder for saying like all the time!.. I wreck my own head!!! haha.... but i dont say boy!!... not many people do ya know like boy!!.. Oh i say you know like quite a bit too!!! haha
    .... but yea i think you should deffo give girl no.2 a shot!!!

haha...Very funny bboyyyy!! haha... Im murder for saying like all the time!.. I wreck my own head!!! haha.... but i dont say boy!!... not many people do ya know like boy!!.. Oh i say you know like quite a bit too!!! haha
    .... but yea i think you should deffo give girl no.2 a shot!!!

Yeah am thinking of havin a go at no 2! should be good!!

will let ye know how it goes like!

Yeah am thinking of havin a go at no 2! should be good!!

will let ye know how it goes like!

Haha... I don't know what the hell i did there!!... Yea let me know how you get on!!! hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Interesting opinion there, anyone else agree/disagree ... started seeing someone lately on this basis, doesn't it just cut the crap social mores, like what's the diff in waiting a while or just getting down. I liked that scene from A beautiful mind, Russell Crowe 'romancing' at a picnic, society dictates I take you out a number of times before i get to make love to you, when all I want to do is have sex with you now. It worked for him .. ! ps sorry this is very off topic. OP you can do whatever you want, visiting girl may be the one for you, how will you know if you don't see her .. and the girl your seeing at the mo needn't know, you're just satisfying your curiosity.

Haha... I don't know what the hell i did there!!... Yea let me know how you get on!!! hehe :D

Weekend went ok. the other girl came down on fri and met up that nite..got on well enuff and wasn't awkward at all. She had to head home on sat instead of sunday. I was pissed off but kinda relieved at the same time to be honest. I do like her and she is really good looking, but I'm not sure if I like her more than the girl I'm seeing. It was good to see her again, but I won't see her again while I'm still with the girl i'm seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good to know that's theres some clarity coming into the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

i think you should go see her but if you do anything with her you should probably end it with your gf or at least tell her.
    To guest31 I don't think one-night stands usually work as relationships, usually one of the people has feelings for the other while the other just tootally takes them for granted. It's much better getting to know somebody first, then they can really appreciate what they're getting. In the case of the OP I think he's taking the other girl for granted and not thinking of her feelings and she obviously did the same to him, probably because of how the relationship started. It doesn't sound like they're gonna work out anyways

i think you should go see her but if you do anything with her you should probably end it with your gf or at least tell her.

In the case of the OP I think he's taking the other girl for granted and not thinking of her feelings and she obviously did the same to him, probably because of how the relationship started. It doesn't sound like they're gonna work out anyways

Something did happen and I didn't enjoy it as much as with the "gf"...not there yet...yet!

yeah something like that did happen but thats not my excuse for doin it. If anything the weekend made me realise that i did like her and i don't just see her as a sh*g buddy....

so there ya have "cheating" can bring couples closer together..provided the other one doesn't know!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Down with that sort of thing! Dont be messing the poor gf around anymore and FFS be careful!

Advertisement