Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Baby Seat in an Early 90's Celica....?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if I could fit an Baby Seat in an Early 90's Celica...?

If not anyone got any other sugestions for something a bit different, with a bit of power, for 2 or 3 grand...... that would fit a baby seat....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BnA wrote:
    Anyone know if I could fit an Baby Seat in an Early 90's Celica...?

If not anyone got any other sugestions for something a bit different, with a bit of power, for 2 or 3 grand...... that would fit a baby seat....?

A Baby Seat - is that like a small Ibiza? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The problem won't be putting a baby seat in, it will be getting the baby in and out of the seat, it will require a very akward stance and will probably break your back. You could consider a rear facing baby seat in the front passenger seat as I doubt an early '90s celica would even have a drivers airbag, never mind a passenger one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

alias no.9 wrote:
    The problem won't be putting a baby seat in, it will be getting the baby in and out of the seat, it will require a very akward stance and will probably break your back. You could consider a rear facing baby seat in the front passenger seat as I doubt an early '90s celica would even have a drivers airbag, never mind a passenger one.

I wouldn't worry too much about the akwardness of getting the baby in and out. We have an Octavia for the main family car. The baby seat in the second car wouldn't be used much.

Rear facing front wouldn't work as the "Baby" is a 2 and a half year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its not a problem - lots of seats will fit and getting the kid in and out won't be difficult. In a while you will be able to change to a booster seat anyway and the kid will be able to strap him/herself in.

'c

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Head over to Tony Kealys in Waqlkinstown. Great help there and they will test various seats in your car for you.
    A big factor for many child seats is the length of the seat belt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement