Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions about XBOX Live PES5

Options
  • 21-11-2005 2:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok so im a newbie at this online stuff so I have a few questions for you gys that you might be able to help me out with

1. Are you only allowed to have one account because my brother wants to set up an account so he can play too? (without paying for another subscription of course)

2. Can you search for who is currently online so I could look for you boards guys?

3. What is this lobby thing I hear some people talking about that boardsters to meet to organise games?

4. Can you download any upgrades for the game?

5. Also are you guys playing on an XBOX or PC?

Stupid newbie questions I know :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

any chance lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any of the tourneys here before were all PC.
    If like the PC, you can have 3 logins... you use the same CD-key and password, but then choose your user after login.
    Not sure if you can search... but you can add people as friends once you play them and then can see if their online or not after that.
    For upgrades, you'll have to do it via the PC... worth checking out www.evo-web.com or www.pesfan.com for more.

I'm sure other xBoxers will help you with more... sorry, but I'm a PC man :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thanks mate. I thought most people might be PC users on this alright. I have a laptop and I doubt it would be able to play the game too well.

Ah well ill have to survive with the XBOX I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

whiskeyman wrote:

www.evo-web.co.uk

I'm insulted you forgot so easily. :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dar83 wrote:
    www.evo-web.co.uk

I'm insulted you forgot so easily. :p;)
    Doh!!

Some nice flattop grills on that site though....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Trust me Kingp35 the best possible place to join up with is:

www.backofthenet.info

I am heavily involved over there, best place to play in leagues and cups.

There are no game upgrades with PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Kingp35 wrote:
    1. Are you only allowed to have one account because my brother wants to set up an account so he can play too? (without paying for another subscription of course)

Depends on how the Xbox version is setup, I have a feeling it might be just the one login though, I've heard it's bvery similar to last years edition.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    2. Can you search for who is currently online so I could look for you boards guys?

You can look through your Xbox friends list, that'll show you who's online, but it's not like the PS2 or PC version, you can just search for anybody as far as I know.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    3. What is this lobby thing I hear some people talking about that boardsters to meet to organise games?

Lobby aint in the Xbox version, you have the search function to find a game, or your friends list to find a game against one of your friends.
    Kingp35 wrote:

Not likely. Well not official ones anyway.
    Kingp35 wrote:

Most people here play the PC version, check the forums mentioned by Whiskeyman for people that play the other formats. I used to play PES4 on the Xbox, but I've gone back to PS2 this year. Cant be bothered with pad converters and using L2 to switch players etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

On PC and PS2 its 3 names per cdkey, so save 3 names in your profile.

In game buddies show up as Online there is a program you can use for Xbox live http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61760

The game has alobby similar to Xbox live but not as cool ,its like an IRC channel raped.

There are no patches yet but patches and options files are drag and drop.

PC for most as its coller.

kdjac

Thanks for the info lads.appreciate it

Advertisement