Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen red Alfa GT

Options
  • 21-11-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Posting this for someone on Alfaowner.com.
    A red Alfa GT with tan leather and reg "05 KE 5424" was stolen from Kildare on Friday morning, 6am.
    (Might just be coincidence, but I spotted a red GT on Saturday morning on Clanbrassil street in Dublin - the first red one I've seen in the country so far.)
    Please keep an eye out.
    I'll try and get some pictures later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

Saw one this am - bottom of Ballymun Rd ( grithith ave )

Some 40#s woman driver - look legit to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Some pictures of the stolen GT (2.0 JTS):

Redgt1.jpg
    Redgt2.jpg
    Redgt3.jpg
    Redgt4.jpg

I think you'll agree it's a stunning car, and one which should be easy to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

what a pity,scumbags!!!

if i ever caught someone trying to steal a car i'd kick their head in (well i'd try!!).

someone broke into my car few weeks ago but the battery was flat so they couldn't get it so they just trashed it,money money money!!!

no wonder our insurance is so high. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Nice. Any word?
    Chances are it'll end up burnt out in a field..what a waste:/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Karoma wrote:
    Nice. Any word?
    Chances are it'll end up burnt out in a field..what a waste:/

I doubt it was stolen by a couple of scumbags, probably stolen to order by a professional car thief who knew what he wanted. May have been on the first ferry to the UK or it is being stored somewhere until things die down.

How was it stolen? I would not be surprised if a professional broke into the house and took the keys as it is almost impossible to start these cars without the key. Also they usually want to take the car without damaging it in the process.

Hope it is returned undamaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've seen it happen to nicer cars :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

man nice car, hope he gets it back, makes my blood boil. jeez we work hard to keep our dream rides in our drives, the gov tries to stop us the thieves try to rob us, I won't get the bus !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi Folks,

From personal experience - stolen cars are often parked up in residential locations for a few days/week after they are taken. The theives are hoping any car with a tracker will be picked up by then without incriminating them.

Keep an eye out - my vRS knicked from Celbridge showed up parked at an apartment complex in Rathfarnham.

Paddy

bazz26 wrote:
    I doubt it was stolen by a couple of scumbags, probably stolen to order by a professional car thief who knew what he wanted. May have been on the first ferry to the UK or it is being stored somewhere until things die down.

How was it stolen? I would not be surprised if a professional broke into the house and took the keys as it is almost impossible to start these cars without the key. Also they usually want to take the car without damaging it in the process.

Hope it is returned undamaged.

Here's a description of the theft from the owner:
    Hi

Well the worst thing imaginable has happened !!! On Friday morning last at 6am some low lifes broke into my house while my family and I were asleep upstairs and stole my 7 month old Alfa GT off my driveway

They managed to swipe my 32" plasma screen and a quantity of cash also before we disturbed them whilst getting up for work. So now I sit and wait to see if the car will ever turn up but to be honest even if it hasn't been shipped off to the continent somewhere I don't think I could ever feel the same about the car if I were to get it back !!!

Anyway a message to all my Irish & UK AO buddies out there please keep an eye out for any red gt's with tan leather interior. My car had a distinctive Alfa GT rear window decal also. Here's the link to my photo's of the car taken just a few weeks ago : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=40825

It was nice chatting with you all and hopefully I can update you with some postive news in the near future !!!!

Alfa Alan (Ex Alfa Owner)
    Yep the keys were hanging up with all our other keys in the kitchen. They left our other vehicle (Honda C-RV) behind !!!!!!!

The fact that the thieves also took a tv and some money, and also the late-morning time of the incident, suggest to me that it *may* have been an opportunistic burglary rather than one planned by professional car thieves, stealing to order.
    If the thieves are foolish enough to drive the car around a city like Dublin it will definitely be spotted by someone. It really is a striking car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Its a pity such a nice car was stolen. I was going to say this on AO.com but was afraid I might start a row.
    The owner only joined the forum recently and only posted these pics a few days before it was stolen.
    Could said thieves have been 'guests' looking for a red GT - makes you think.

I also think the car has been stolen to order - rather than simply joyriders. Luxury cars stolen in this way are often never recovered.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i know its a weird suggestion but worked for my friends in cork

tell local taxi firms .

my friends car was stolen in cork he told a few taxi places to keep a eye out for it 2 days later he got a call from one of them saying they were parked becide the car .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Will keep an eye out
    bmoferrall wrote:
    The fact that the thieves also took a tv and some money, and also the late-morning time of the incident, suggest to me that it *may* have been an opportunistic burglary rather than one planned by professional car thieves, stealing to order

Agree. Makes the chances for the owner to get his car back a lot slimmer though :(

i think it was stolen to order,if it was opportunistic thieves than they would've taken the jeep too just for the hell of it.

i'd say it's over in england now,they don't chances these days and get it shifted quick enough.hope he finds it but i wouldn't get my hopes up and i think he's right about not feeling the same about the car,my car was broken into a few weeks ago and although they couldn't start it i still don't feel the same about driving it,what a shame,i used to love it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

yeah I'd say stolen by pros too, and they just grabbed the telly and cash for an easy bonus.

thats the one thing about flatscreens, hell of a lot easier to walk away with than a 32 inch widescreen

Reminds me of a farm that was raided out side of Kilcullen last year I think.

They found a highly sophisticated breakers yard where stolen to order jeeps and 4x4s were dismantled for parts. These were then shipped to the UK.

The word is one of the jeeps had a hidden GPS locator in it. Otherwise they might never have been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's probably in eastern europe by now

Ficus wrote:
    i saw a red alfa gt with a tan interiour in dundrum yesterday evening at about 6.10pm. there was a young man driving it, i was caught in the woes of traffic so couldnt spin around and go after him to see where he went.
    Cheers Ficus; let us know if you see it again. Maybe you could keep a disposable camera handy (safety first of course!) just in case it reappears.
    Did you notice whether the alloys were spoked or ringed?

Dear Gardai

I feel left out now.
    Please find me too.
    I miss my owner lots.

Yours, etc.
    Gee Tea
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Talk about coincidence - I only read this thread a night ago ( interested as a former Alfa owner). Anyway coming down the M50 tonight after 7 pm under blanchardstown roundabout just as M50 incident was occurring. don't I see this exact car. The KE reg made me notice. Tried to take a photo with my mobile in passing but couldn't and drive at the same time.

Hope you got it back in any case but just goes to show you - posting can get noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I heard elsewhere that this car was recovered?

• Advertisement

From the owner of the car:
    Hi,

A huge 'THANK YOU' to all of you who responded to my stolen GT plight !! http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=41137 .The car was recovered yesterday !!!!!

A special thanks to 'bmoferrall', 'Alfaguy' and of course 'Mick164' who's eagle eyes spotted my motor in the end. I have not actually got it back as yet as the police have forensics to do but I believe it's in pretty good shape. Without your help through this forum I know my GT would still be on the missing list and maybe never returned !!

So a big clap on the back to all of you and lets hope we can do the same for other AO members should the situation arise.

Cheers

Alfa Alan

I'm sure more details will emerge as the day goes on (I believe 'Mick164' of Alfaowner.com spotted the car in a Dublin carpark).

I think that's three* successful recoveries this week (for cars mentioned on boards.ie) - very encouraging indeed.

*EDIT: four, if you include the (sadly burnt-out) BMW of 'deevey'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

fan-f**kin-tastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

He want to make sure they don't come back for it. happened to a friend of mine. They broke ask for the keys, she handed them over, they couldn't start the car so left it. Cops came etc. This was late at night. About 3 hours later they came back and took it once the fuss had died down.

So the thieves put '01 plates on a car that only appeared on the market in '04. Doh!
    Look out for an appearance on the next episode of Ireland's Dumbest Criminals :cool:
    Thanks guys !!! Yes my car was travelling around on 01 plates belonging to a 147 in Sligo. They picked that car because it was Red in colour and a cursory check would bring up a red Alfa same as mine !!!Only a detailed check would reveal the model difference !!!!

Don't want to say too much about the details of the driver as all of this is still subject to investigation but he told the Gardai he had bought the car 2 weeks earlier for Euro 15k !!!!

Anyway I'm sure there are plenty of questions to be answered and the Gardai will persue the investigation to a conclusion.

Cheers

Alfa Alan

that's brilliant news! i'm so happy for him but at the same time it's such a shame that it was robbed in the first place. unless he wants another bit of hassle than i'd advise him to sell it straight away. a friend of mine had a MK IV Golf GTi stolen from him and got it back a few months later and it was stolen again, same with my friend with a Scooby, they just got back into the house and stole it again :mad:

Advertisement