Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashamed of Louis Walsh?

• 21-11-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Personally Im nearly ashamed to be irish everytime the idiot appears on tv. He has no idea how to pick songs, wants to clone westlife/boyzone. His whole 'voting for the irish' carry on has made the xfactor competition a farce. Rather than behaving like a professional judge, his opinion on each act seems completely based on their nationality and/or whether or not his comments can annoy simon cowell. If simon likes something, Louis doesnt etc its pathetic. He doesnt ever seem to consider how the act themselves performed or judge them on their performance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Never liked him... i now only have time for Simon Cowell. One of the moderators has 'Louis Walsh Must Die' as their user title... well put whoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yes...Louis Walsh and a bucket of acid would come in nicely right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

and the conways are a joke they are grand with one singing but when they all join in they sound like cats - they scare me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

I think you should give the Conway sisters a break everyone seems to be putting them down slagging them off etc etc Everyweek they seem to be the ones in tears because of the slack they get from people which is unfair. Poor Louis alway seems to have to make the big decisions (fair enough he shouldn't have voted Maria off) Its Sharons fault she put Chico in & it's Chico that jeopradising (please excuse my spelling here) all talented singers chances so vote him off not the talented people!!

It's Chico time!!! Ah Louis Walsh is just trying to be controversial. Though I still would gladly shove him off the planet if it was possible. At least it's not as bad as the Brendan O'Conner/Linda Martin thing on You're a Star.

I think I'll marry Shayne....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i've seen this series a few times as me ould wan watches it, all i can say is chico is the best i've ever seen on this show. all the rest of them have boring dull, same old, same old singing voices and personas. ITS CHICO TIME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You lot watching that ****e makes me ashamed to be Irish to be honest.

there's plenty of other buttons on the remote if you don't want to see Louis Walsh on the telly.

ferdi wrote:
    i've seen this series a few times as me ould wan watches it, all i can say is chico is the best i've ever seen on this show. all the rest of them have boring dull, same old, same old singing voices and personas. ITS CHICO TIME!!!

Stop please that man is a joke everytime he performs people laugh at him not wit him!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

His whole 'voting for the irish' carry on has made the xfactor competition a farce.

It was a farce because he did this?
    Its a farce anyway he did'ent make it a farce the whole idea is a farce

Angels wrote:
    Stop please that man is a joke everytime he performs people laugh at him not wit him!!
    Ah the kids he had dancing with him were cute though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think the Brits are just as ashamed of Mrs. Osbourn and the other dude.

Yeah louis has always been a prat.

chico is an entertainer hes stayed in on his own merit. The conways deserve the slack becaus ethey cannot keep in tune!! The black haired girl has a nice voice but th elead is not as good and it all goes to pieces when they harmonise. You cannot enter a singing / talent competition and not expect to get slack for not being good at singing! so I have no sympathy for them. yes that day Louis had to make a decision but it wasnt based on the performances that was the problem. On saturday every comment he made was a dig at one of the other judges rather than a genuine observation of the singers performance

chico is an entertainer hes stayed in on his own merit. The conways deserve the slack becaus ethey cannot keep in tune!! The black haired girl has a nice voice but th elead is not as good and it all goes to pieces when they harmonise. You cannot enter a singing / talent competition and not expect to get slack for not being good at singing! so I have no sympathy for them. yes that day Louis had to make a decision but it wasnt based on the performances that was the problem. On saturday every comment he made was a dig at one of the other judges rather than a genuine observation of the singers performance

Your dead right there, Chico is an entertainer not a singer can't sing for **** so why the hell is he on 'X factor' i believe this show is for people who can actually sing!! He is a complete joke. Sure you never know they way this years show is going he could win.

Ever heard of Steve?? oh ya he won last years show & was then dropped by record company after hello!!

the conways cant sing or entertain!!

ever tried to stand up on stage in front of millions of people!!
    I would have taught that being Irish we would support the act from our country not slander them off everytime. Yes they can sing maybe your tone deaf!!

i support the acts that I feel are the best I judge them on merit of talent and entertainment I refuse to support a bad act just because they come from the same country as me thats wrong.

Ahh Chico is certainly not talented in any form. I agree with you he is entertaining (to laugh at). When it comes down to crunch HE CANT FECKIN SING HELLOOO!!!!

i know he cant sing but he is very funny and his voice has actually gotten better. The sisters can sing either but they dont entertain at all. id love to sack the lead singer though and give the other 3 a shot cos as I said the black haired girl is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

ClareBear wrote:
    It's Chico time!!! Ah Louis Walsh is just trying to be controversial. Though I still would gladly shove him off the planet if it was possible. At least it's not as bad as the Brendan O'Conner/Linda Martin thing on You're a Star.

I think I'll marry Shayne....:D

Oh dear god, I was flicking through stations yesterday and caught that song. How dire. :o

i know he cant sing but he is very funny and his voice has actually gotten better. The sisters can sing either but they dont entertain at all. id love to sack the lead singer though and give the other 3 a shot cos as I said the black haired girl is good

Well i agree strongly with you here, that lead singer is not great but for the sake of the girl with the black hair she certainly can sing, they don't give here enough chances to prove herself!!

Chico is funny & entertaining he should go into presenting or something like (Ant & Dec Show) he would be good at that

• Advertisement

oh god not linda martin shes even worse - someone feed her please before she gets even skinnier scary looking woman. chicos sonmg is so like thet petere andre song insania its stuck in my head. if they released it i bet all the kids woul dbuy it and send it to number one. to be fair its better than that awful fast food rockers song that was out a while ago

well there u go it'd make a great xmas no.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

tbh, the "X" factor is a pile of b*llocks and I'm amazed that you lot get so uptight by it. It's not about "who can sing", or "who's talented", it's about who looks most likely to say "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" and look good whilst doing it.

It's nothing more than crass voyuerism dressed up to look like it's actually got merit. And it's more about the three judges than anything else and feeding their egos.

Yeah, Walsh is a knob-end. I knew this without having to watch these shows. Just look atthe tripe he's inflicted upon the world already..

yeah angels your right chico would be an ideal kids presenter kids love him! id say he will be around for a while anyway. I say gag the conways lead singer cos she always hogs the limelight and give the other girls a shot. I was surprised that Simon hadnt done this before. - the lead always gets the most lyrics

yeah definitely i agree with ya there Siogfinsceal

lol we should start a campaign to sack the lead singer!! The save the xfactor campaign ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Kingmaker

Chico has the so-called x-factor, that is what they are looking for. All the rest are just bad karioke singers, about as entertaining as a loaf of bread.
    The Conways are talentless and mostly fat.

And Louis Walsh- smug as f**k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I can't believe so many people take that "show" seriously, it's the biggest pile of sh1te I've ever watched. That said, I do watch it if I come across it while browsing, watching all those people who are like "I dropped out of college to follow my dream and become a famous singer" be told they're absolutely sh1te and that they've no hope of ever getting into the business is hilarious. Those guys in tears, the girls in tears, the girls threatening the judges, its hilarious.
    Other than that they're all brutal,fame & money seeking arseholes and the more Louis and Simon destroy them the better, get them out of this little dream they're living in.
    No, I'm not ashamed of Louis Walsh simply because he makes me laugh as does Simon cowell. If only Sharon Osbourne were less sympathetic and caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Angels wrote:
    ever tried to stand up on stage in front of millions of people!!
    I would have taught that being Irish we would support the act from our country not slander them off everytime. Yes they can sing maybe your tone deaf!!
    The Conway Sisters keep moaning and whinging. No wonder no one votes for them.

You're a Star wasn't much good either, but I did like the bit where Brendan O'Connor threatened not to put anyone through if the other didn't put through one particular girl, and Thomas Black owned his ass by saying to the girl, "Brendan's just ruined any chance you had of getting through" because he wouldn't accept being threatened.

The O'Connor was lost for words and the look on his face was priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lemming wrote:
    tbh, the "X" factor is a pile of b*llocks and I'm amazed that you lot get so uptight by it.........<SNIP>

Couldn't have said it better myself :D

Advertisement