Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mages: Solution to Requests for water

• 21-11-2005 2:48pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This will deal with those pesky requests...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i've never understood why mages have such a hard time with this. now i've never played a mage, so maybe its something i cant see, but if your sitting in ironforge, doing nothing (like half the lvl60 population), why not help someone else.

as a warlock, getting asked to be teleported is way way worse, since we actually need soul shards and 2 other people to teleport. getting called a ****in asshole, while in the middle of tanaras, because i wont go find 2 people to summon a warrior from ironforge comes to mind.

i occasionally ask a mage i meet while levelling for some water, but i'd always offer a soulshard as trade.

oh, and back on topic, funny pic. it baffles me how some people get to lvl60 without any knowledege of other classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The main thing about it is at level 60, they can only make 2 water at a time, which is a pain in the ass.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well, as you've never played a mage, you don't know what its like! Its hell!!

You get people being just plain rude for starters ("water plz") and demanding water without even so much as a please ("water, noob"). Secondly, they always want crystal water ("no, teh good stuff noob") which only gives you 4 per cast. Takes bloody ages ("hurry up plz"). The greedy bastards always look for 100! ("hey vending machine, 100 water plz for raid"). If I agreed to every request I'd be at it all day. Now I just ignore requests from anyone I don't know. I just get sick of being constantly hassled. Don't even get my started with the whole "portal to Darnassus plz" lark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

upon seeing this video http://media.putfile.com/Crystal-Water-and-You

i now ask any random asking me for water for money.

"Time is money friend" - got to love goblins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

People can be just damn rude about it.
    I'm a rogue so I don't have first hand experience but I know I hate when people get me to open lockboxes.

I don't mind people asking in the general chat, or whispering me asking, but when people just randomly come up to you and open the trade window I feel like telling them to shove their lockbox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ya, i can see why its annoying, but as long as someone is reasonable in asking, is it not just as easyto do it for them (as long as your not doing anything else)? i've come across some ****ers who wouldnt even give out water in a raid...which is just pathetic. as a lock, the first thing i do is create healthstones for everyone (ok, maybe not in a big raid) and ss the healer.

but some people can be total assholes, assuming its a personnal insult if you say you cant.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its got to the stage where I avoid going near the AH in IF, as I'll just get pestered for stuff. Really, its that bad.

As for not giving it out in raids, well thats just plain ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Kiith wrote:
    ya, i can see why its annoying, but as long as someone is reasonable in asking, is it not just as easyto do it for them (as long as your not doing anything else)?

If you fulfill every request, then you won't be doing anything else, you'll spend sooo much time conjuring water it's not even funny. People don't even care if you're busy or not, sometimes they'll even expect you to conjure 40 water and *deliver* to them.

Not giving it out in a raid though is BS, only a bad mage wouldn't give out water in a raid, tell the raid leader if that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Why don't you charge for it? If someone says conjur me some water... do stacks of 10 for a certain price... preferably a stupid one ;-D

I posted on another thread here, but one of the water problems will be fixed shortly. Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

wtf do these people think vendors are for?

Correct me if i'm wrong but you can't buy water that regens as muhc mana as the crystal water

(Mana biscuits aside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

This mage epic set is vending spec'd

epic0ue.th.jpg

DRakE wrote:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but you can't buy water that regens as muhc mana as the crystal water

(Mana biscuits aside)

Not quite true - you can buy stuff that regens as much from the Argent Dawn provided you have the rep. You can also get as good if not better from the BG faction vendors, although these can only be used in the respective BG's.

Maximilian wrote:
    Not quite true - you can buy stuff that regens as much from the Argent Dawn provided you have the rep. You can also get as good if not better from the BG faction vendors, although these can only be used in the respective BG's.

DRakE wrote:
    (Mana biscuits aside)

xD

erm I have a medical condition which prevents me from seeing anything in parentheses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

60 mage here too on Bladefist. It's a pain in the arse making crystal ater. We can make 4 per cast (changing to 10 in 1.9) for 780 mana a cast with a max mana pool of 6000-8000. Do the math.

Friends and guildies are the only people that get crystal from me. I make about 200-300 before MC runs which takes a good 20 mins or so. I'll gladly make some sparkling water for a stranger providing they ask politely.

I love the chinese farming rogues the most tho. They come up to you will full green gear and maybe 2 rare weapons and say **** like "you make food ok". I usually ignore them but one came up to me last week so I thought I'd make him some for the laugh. I made him 120 conjured sweet rolls and traded them to him thinking he would be over the moon. The greedy bastard then whispers me "100 more ok?"

in fairness, you need 220 sweet rolls AT LEAST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

in fairness, you need 220 sweet rolls AT LEAST

If your a chinese gold farmer. It's not like he was grinding money for his epic mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

aye but he was grinding money for someone else's epic mount:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement