Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Lightbody

Options
  • 21-11-2005 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Gary Lightbody!He's a great songwriter, is absolutely gorgeous, seems really down to earth and sound and has de nicest voice in de world. Not bad fashion sense either,lol!hes deadly!dats why i think he sound be a legend of the board!

Gary for legend 10 votes

Yes!
    0% 0 votes
    No!
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

eh yeah, he's pretty much the guy i respect most (in terms of famous guys i dont actually know) he's actually not a great singer but makes great use of the aspects of singing he IS good at. His songwriting is fanatastic.

(he's the front chap in snow patrol)

TG Catter will agree if she's still around boards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Surely in order to be a legend we have to know who the **** he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

em i dont think he has reached legend status yet tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Not knowing who he is displays your ignorance and complete lack of music knowledge..........................................................................................................or maybe you just dont like him,in that case you're clearly deaf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not knowing who he is displays your ignorance and complete lack of music knowledge.

Thats a ridiculous thing to say. I'm going to assume you haven't heard of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan... Tommy McLaughlin...
    or maybe you just dont like him,in that case you're clearly deaf

We all have musical preference's, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them right/wrong/deaf.

Anyway I voted no, was "into" them for a while, saw them at Witnness many moons ago and saw the Reindeer Section (much better imo) at Witnness another year, he's good and all but he's no legend.

dont take it so seriously,it wasnt meant to be serious.jesus!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Thats a ridiculous thing to say.

I know,I didnt mean it,was messing.Its Legends of the Board,who cares?!Surely nothing said here is meant to be taken seriously

Ah right, thats where the smilies come in though. Its hard to tell whether someone is being serious or not!

Yeah suppose it is,sorry!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 flanger20002003

Yeah he's an alright songwriter (no Glen Hansard, mind) but he's not really the bomb diggy now, in fairness. Not bad live (saw 'em at the RDS last year) If you're looking for a singer/songwriter you can fawn over, I suggest the legend that is Jeff Buckley...sure he may be dead, but what a voice and what a lyricist...

Yeah he's an alright songwriter (no Glen Hansard, mind) but he's not really the bomb diggy now, in fairness. Not bad live (saw 'em at the RDS last year) If you're looking for a singer/songwriter you can fawn over, I suggest the legend that is Jeff Buckley...sure he may be dead, but what a voice and what a lyricist...

Jeff Buckley is the greatest. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I rate him: poor to average

eth0_ wrote:
    I rate him: poor to average

Who? Buckley or Lightbody?

I think hes a good song writer,not the best but good.But he writes brilliant melodies and he can definitely put a song together.Their songs are brilliant,no quetion-well I think so anyway!Jeff B. is quality too.Do any of you know Nick Drake-im sure you all do!I love the song Harvest Breed,its really deadly!

Advertisement