Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beware Of This New Car Jacking Scheme That Is Now Being Widely Used

Options
  • 21-11-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

This might have been posted before. But i cant search it.

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING WIDELY USED!!!
    Girls - be careful
    Boys - let the girls in your life know
    Be aware of a new hi-jacking scheme.
    Here's what they do:
    You return to your car left in a car park, unlock your car and get inside, start the engine and shift into REVERSE and when you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.
    So, you either switch off the car or leave the engine running and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view . . . When you reach the back of the car that is when the hi-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off!
    The door was unlocked, your keys were in the ignition, maybe the engine was running, (ladies will probably have left their handbag, with their purse, mobile phone etc; in the car) and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.
    A purse contains all identification, and you certainly do NOT want anyone getting your home address. They already have your keys!

Should this happen to you, just drive away and remove the piece of paper that is stuck to your window later . . . and be thankful that you read this email.
    If you think appropriate, forward this to all your friends and family . . . especially women!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Did this happen to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You know I think this might... just might be an urban myth... yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya i heard of that before too. Did it happen yourself out of interest or did you just get the e-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

No didnt happen to me, No idea if it is an Urban myth, just thought i'd post it so people are aware.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:

sorry just thought i was been helpful

and i got it from my boss in an email..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

NeVeR wrote:
    sorry just thought i was been helpful

Just surprised you didnt twitch to think it was a snoper :)
    So many similar emails going around... some just funny.
    You can sum them all up by just saying "be careful".

i've never been to or heard of that site before..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

NeVeR wrote:
    Tell your boss that we said he's a gullible moron. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Snopes is great for identifying the urban myths ... particularly funny when your friend/colleage states that the story happened to someone they know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No. it's actually true. It happened to my the daughter of a women that works with my mother. The funny thing is though, it happened two days after she got her new car in the exact same spot with the same piece of paper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Another one that specifically targets these kind of things that generally get passed around by email is www.breakthechain.org.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

This wouldn't work on me since I use my mirrors primarily to reverse. I also always lock my car the second I get out of it when topping up at the petrol pumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The second you get out? That's good practise though asmy mates sister was getting petrol one night and when she went to pay the guy at the pay station said not to turn around but a guy just got into her back seat and he had called the police. When the police arrived they arrested him and he had a knife and rope with him and was going to kidnap her, steal her money, kill her, dispose of the body and then drive away with her car.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FX Meister wrote:
    No. it's actually true. It happened to my the daughter of a women that works with my mother. The funny thing is though, it happened two days after she got her new car in the exact same spot with the same piece of paper!!!
    Meh. I missed the bus. Twice. It happens:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks anyway NeVer, it sounds like it could happen alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

FX Meister wrote:
    The second you get out? That's good practise though asmy mates sister was getting petrol one night and when she went to pay the guy at the pay station said not to turn around but a guy just got into her back seat and he had called the police. When the police arrived they arrested him and he had a knife and rope with him and was going to kidnap her, steal her money, kill her, dispose of the body and then drive away with her car.

Similar thing happened to my wifes husbands brother-in-law's wifes brother except it was outside a Mc Donalds drive through and yer man had a fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

FX Meister wrote:
    Jesus...that's scary....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

FX Meister wrote:

A co-workers daughter was not so lucky. A rejected/jelous boyfriend did the deed.
    That was about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

FX Meister wrote:

Yep. Saw that in the film 'Urban Legends' - must be true so :v:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whiskeyman wrote:

Nice that somebody bothered to look this up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Same thing happened my cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

fletch wrote:
    This wouldn't work on me since I use my mirrors primarily to reverse

The side mirrors don't give you a view of what is behind the car. You DO need your rear view mirror for reversing out of a car parking space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Use the Snopes n00bs

Advertisement