Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed

Options
  • 21-11-2005 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I would appreciate any info regarding timber shed.
    I have decided that 6"x8" is the size i want. I'm living in Celbridge, so if someone can recomend any companies in the Dublin/ Kildare region for whatever reason quality and/or price i'd appreciate it. I've had a quick look around and prices appear to vary between €300 & €800 for the same size shed. I guess the quality varies too !

Any help or comments appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hello,
    I would appreciate any info regarding timber shed.
    I have decided that 6"x8" is the size i want. I'm living in Celbridge, so if someone can recomend any companies in the Dublin/ Kildare region for whatever reason quality and/or price i'd appreciate it. I've had a quick look around and prices appear to vary between €300 & €800 for the same size shed. I guess the quality varies too !

Any help or comments appreciated, thanks.
    If 6x8 is the size you want, then I'd recommend getting an 8x10....
    those wooden Barna sheds all seem to come with the same spec. I got mine from a crowd in Wicklow so they do travel (I'm in Naas)

Take a drive around and have a look for yourself...no need to spend mega bucks on one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 alanbucko

Mulligan's Garden Sheds, Kilcock Kildare (01) 6287397

Have one of their sheds over 7 years and still like new. I give it the odd lick of fencelife every 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

kelly garden sheds is about your best bet. a lot of people sell kelly sheds acting as brokers. or go direct. there is a website too

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Thanks I've done some more rooting.

Seems like Kelly's are the best...

http://www.gardensheds.ie

I like the fact that the wood is Kiln dried which doesn't seem to be a standard with other suppliers, shiplapped joints too !:) (kinda like tounge & groove i think)

"The Economy Glenealy
    The exterior timber used all around this shed is planed (smooth finish) and are shiplapped jointed. The timber is kiln dried, with roof and floor boards the same as the Rustic. The exterior of this shed and the Glenealy are the same."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Kelly's sheds rings a bell with me for mine I got 9yrs ago

As long as you treat the wood every 2yrs, it should last 25yrs....its the roof that will need re-felting every 8-10yrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I like the fact that the wood is Kiln dried which doesn't seem to be a standard with other suppliers, shiplapped joints too ! (kinda like tounge & groove i think)
    Abwood (www.abwood.ie) do these too. They're also pretty open to any "customizations" you might want such as more windows, wider doors, roof 6" higher etc. etc.

Advertisement