Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Import Warranty?

Options
  • 21-11-2005 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of importing a new Hilux from Thailand - you can get the 3L landcruiser engine in them - can't get it in the model released here.
    It's also way cheaper and I'd get the exact model I want.

Rang a few dealers that are selling the 3L version to verify that they are imports of cars made for the Thai market (the Euro ones are made in Thailand as well but there are some differences)
    and they are.

Who covers the warranty? Is it Toyota Ireland?
    In the case of dealers selling the imports here how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

you should email toyota ireland to get official answer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

You will get no warranty.The ones from thailand are made for the asian maret and the toyota symbol is not the one that is used in europe therefor these are not auctualy toyotas in the eyes of toyota ireland/england..
    I know 14 toyota dealers in thailand have been dismissed for selling the 3.0 to europe.

The 3.0 is coming into ireland by end of 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Heard there's a few differences allright - safety spec isn't as good, suspension setup is more passenger orientated, not undersealed to Euro spec etc.

There's a lot of garages selling them here though and at savage prices considering some quotes I've got to bring them in - king cab for example:
    €16500 cost (G Spec 3L), €50 VRT (double cab is 13%), 21% VAT, €2500 for 20' container to Dublin = €22525
    Dealer up North is looking for €33000 for the same import.

You could obviously add a few other expences to my DIY total but you'd still save a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Try about 6000 for the VRT.The 50 euro Vrt for crew cabs went about 2 years ago.So that brings your cost to 28,000.And i like you to see trying a any dealer to get warrenty, you will be told to f off.

Advertisement