Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite fast food joint

• 21-11-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

What's the best fast-food restaurant in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Not a fan of them anyomre, My taste buds have relearnt what is tasty and what is'nt all the salts, greese and additives is what everyone is addicted to these days, funnily enough thats why its hard to resist going to Mcdonalds when strolling by, even noting you might have had a snack already.

I feel 10 times better eating something wholesome:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Food/Drink.

Oh and Lennox's in Cork. If you ever get a chance to eat there, do. It's fantastic food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

haha mysterious i think you seem to have missed the question!

Answer: that kebab place opposite the turks head in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

^ That's zaytoon.. it's alright.. prefer iskanders myself for the ol 3am kebab ;) :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    ^ That's zaytoon.. it's alright.. prefer iskanders myself for the ol 3am kebab ;) :v:
    Prefer Athena... near the Central Bank.
    Delish!!

Supermacs can be great for snack boxes... if you manage to get 2 good pieces... the chips there are also fab (never feel hungry after).
    Burger King just for a Mega Double Bacon Cheese Burger.
    McDonalds is just pure puke. (although I liked the nuggets when younger).

Overall, gotta say my local chipper.
    Chips are fab.
    Onion rings....
    Quarter pounder...
    Unbeatable!

(Empty Pockets is well tasty too)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

isklanders for kebabs and Ricks for burgers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Those burgers in Ricks will never be beaten. Fairly pricey though but never mind that in the early hours of sunday morning

For a Chinese Take Away- China Garden in Navan is the nicest Iv ever had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ricks Hamburgers in Ireland, but for the ultimate fast food experience, you just can't beat In'n'Out Burger on the US West Coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I miss Wonderburger.

Wonderful Wonderburger.... sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

^CwAzY^ wrote:

i've only had iskanders once... all i remember is queing for what seemed like 2 hours and gettting a cold kebab... must try it when its not 4 am on a sunday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭bagdaddy

its gotta be Maccie d's. The ols chili burger, french fries and nugetts for 3 quid. But then im a student so maybe when i get my act together i will take a step up and may even scrape together enough for burger king:)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Iskanders is ok, but I prefer sultan around the corner on georges street. Also, istanbull express on baggot street do a higher quality shawarma, but it doesnt beat the taste of the delish sultan.

I think supermacs is pretty good, but I think the chips let them down. too salty usually and just not very nice, imo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

TGI Friday's wins hands down. Mmm.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Burritos and Blues in Ranelagh... They do a lovely spicy chicken burritos and its healthier than some other fast foods, has nice chicken breast peices, savoury rice and vegitables in.. and they make it fresh in front of you... luuuuuvely :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Local Chippers, Eddie Rockets, Momo's on Liffey Street or Zaytoon for kebabs.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Molly's in Sligo
    Mr Chippie in Letterkenny
    Charleys in Letterkenny is supposedly good, though I haven't tried yet.

As far as chain-fastfood places go, I'd go for BurgerKing or Supermacs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eth0_ wrote:
    You serious?!?
    I cant stand the "food" there.
    Looks awful.....prices are terrible... and doesnt help I got food poisoning from chicken there once :mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Shabadu wrote:
    Zaytoon for kebabs.

oh the Kebabs....

SO SO GOOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

bagdaddy wrote:
    its gotta be Maccie d's. The ols chili burger, french fries and nugetts for 3 quid. But then im a student so maybe when i get my act together i will take a step up and may even scrape together enough for burger king:)

Why couldn't you call it McDonalds instead of that ludicrous 'Maccie d's?:rolleyes:
    I notice you didn't try and mess with the Burger King name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

xzanti wrote:
    Burritos and Blues in Ranelagh... They do a lovely spicy chicken burritos and its healthier than some other fast foods, has nice chicken breast peices, savoury rice and vegitables in.. and they make it fresh in front of you... luuuuuvely :p

Jesus its good it's goddamn divine. The one letdown are the chips, but that the burritos, and the chicken wings. Combine that with the stuffed japlenos in the bistro down the road is just bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

bagdaddy wrote:

Thats pretty much what I was going to say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

oh the Kebabs....

SO SO GOOD!
    I think Momo's is better- the quailty of kebabs are the sames, but the name is much more fun to say whilst inebriated.

Freelancer wrote:
    Jesus its good it's goddamn divine. The one letdown are the chips, but that the burritos, and the chicken wings. Combine that with the stuffed japlenos in the bistro down the road is just bliss.

Yeah their chips wouldnt be great now... And the combo meals are dear enough, I think a burrito, chips and a (quite small) coke comes to about €9.00 or so ?? Bit steap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

xzanti wrote:
    Yeah their chips wouldnt be great now... And the combo meals are dear enough, I think a burrito, chips and a (quite small) coke comes to about €9.00 or so ?? Bit steap

Don't muck about just go for the burrito, maybe some nachos but let us be honest here a half pound of ingredients, would you be mucking about with chips and that afterwards? it just needs a booze licence, nothing like a burrito, blues and a beer.

Freelancer wrote:
    Don't muck about just go for the burrito, maybe some nachos but let us be honest here a half pound of ingredients, would you be mucking about with chips and that afterwards? it just needs a booze licence, nothing like a burrito, blues and a beer.

Yes that would be nice actually.. Nothing better than a nice frosty bottle of bud with your food :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

eth0_ wrote:

are they "fast"?

I would consider them more a gimmicky overpriced sit down resturant. Like planet hollywood.

rubadub wrote:
    are they "fast"?

I would consider them more a gimmicky overpriced sit down resturant. Like planet hollywood.

Yeah id see that as more of a lets go out to eat and spend a fortune for a couple of cocktails and an over cooked steak sort of place... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 happydayz

their burritos are fab, you can get some good offers for burritos n'blues on diningtreats, with a voucher you can get the combo for 5 euro http://www.diningtreats.com/search.php?county=Dublin&cuisine_name=&rest_name=burritos&search_type=0&order_by=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

eth0_ wrote:

TGI is possibly the worst gimmicky restaurant I've ever been to.
    I've been there twice and both times I just couldn't believe they'd serve such sh!te...
    Along the same line Eddie Rockets is cheaper and tens times tastier...

In particular the burgers in TGI's are the most pathetic rubbery things I've ever come across... actually it's all terrible. Down with TGI's...

this is the Dublin restaurant I speak of, maybe in the UK they serve edible food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I like TGI fridays.
    Best Fast food chain is KFC. So much nice stuff on their menu, and their buckets are great value, if there's a few of you going.
    I like supermacs too, on the rare occasion that I'm near one.

Advertisement