Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite fast food joint

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mikelmessi

The best fast food is Wagamamas- it's a bit pricier but the service is fast. The food is excellent and doesn't give you that scuzzy aftertaste from MacD's etc.

Failing that Zaytoon is the best place for post-pub nosh. Get the barg (sp?) meal. I've enver felt ill after eating there which is a big compliment for kebab shops.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wagamama > Zaytoon > the rest

hmm, apparently i'm not the only one to think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Blisterman wrote:
    I like supermacs too, on the rare occasion that I'm near one.

There's something extremely unsophisticated about Supermacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    There's something extremely unsophisticated about Supermacs.

There's something extremely unsophisticated about fast food.

I tend to consider the definition of fast food as food that is ready to serve before you order it. The opposite of cook to order. By which definition half the proposals on this thread don't qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

In Donkey Ford's, arguably one of the top ten chippers in Limerick, if you bring in a Mars bar they will batter it for free. Now that's service as it should be.

There's alot to be said for a Supermac's garlic-cheese chip, and also for the taco-and-cheese chip from same restaurant.

Regarding chip-vans that make their way to matches and summer music festivals, you can set your watch by a Chicken Baguette from Benson's Baguettes. You will pay for it though.

I've only been in Iskander's once, last Christmas Eve, in the afternoon. The kebab was grand. Nothing special. Abrekebabra in my opinion would do a better kebab.

Does Apache Pizza count as fast food? I could eat their ham and onion pizzas for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I don't really think that much about my cholesterol levels as you can imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

byte wrote:
    Molly's in Sligo
    Best place for take away I have ever eaten in. Talk about fantastic chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

is there a decent chipper in the city centre / dame street etc. area since beshoffs closed? coz i cant find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Mollys is good for Burgers dont really like the chips .
    cant go wrong with a curry coleslaw and a big 4 from the 4 lights .
    burger king is good for the royales

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

pseudonym wrote:
    is there a decent chipper in the city centre / dame street etc. area since beshoffs closed? coz i cant find one.
    What about that chipper in the George's St Arcade? It did lovely chips.

But the one I like best is Forte's in Rathgar, excellent chips and burgers and well everything really. :)

Advertisement