Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its Champions League Week Five Time!

• 21-11-2005 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tuesday, 22 November 2005
    Ajax v Sparta Prague, 19:45
    Barcelona v Werder Bremen, 19:45
    Bayern Munich v Rapid Vienna, 19:45
    FC Thun v Arsenal, 19:45
    Juventus v Club Brugge, 19:45
    Lille v Benfica, 19:45
    Man Utd v Villarreal, 19:45 ITV1
    Panathinaikos v Udinese, 19:45

Wednesday, 23 November 2005
    Anderlecht v Chelsea, 19:45
    FC Porto v Rangers, 19:45
    Fenerbahce v AC Milan, 19:45
    Inter Milan v Artmedia Bratislava, 19:45
    Liverpool v Real Betis, 19:45 RTE 2
    Real Madrid v Lyon, 19:45
    Rosenborg v Olympiacos, 19:45
    Schalke 04 v PSV, 19:45

So then will Liverpool secure passage to the knockout stages while Chelsea look to beat Anderlecht.

Utd have to step up a gear if they are to overcome Villareal.

Juventus and Bayern should go through as should Ajax.

In group C its all to play for with 3 teams on 4 points, Barca are through.

In group F has the glamour tie of the round as Lyon play Real Madrid, here's hoping Ged has the last laugh :)

I would'nt fancy being in the crowd for Fenerbahce - AC Milan if the former loose.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I was lookin at my fantasy footy team for this week, and riquelme and forlan are injured?! If it is true, id say Utd are in with a much better chance of winning. Also, Barca have already qualified, so my two new signings, Messi and Eto'o will possibly be dropped to the bench for Larsson and Giuly.

Unfortunately for me, i'm working tomorrow night so ill have to record the footy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's a relief that Forlan and Riquelme seem to be out of the picture (Forlan definately). I know United haven't been convincing in Europe this season, but I'm confident after their display against Charlton, and I think a right spanking in Europe is around the corner for some team. Hopefully Villareal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

[B]Champions League - Group A[/B]
     FT	Bayern Munich (Ger)	4 - 0	Rapid Vienna (Aus)
     FT	Juventus (Ita)	1 - 0	Club Brugge (Bel)
     [B]Champions League - Group B[/B]
     FT	Ajax Amsterd. (Hol)	2 - 1	Sparta Prague (Cze)
     FT	Thun	0 - 1	Arsenal (Eng)
     [B]Champions League - Group C[/B]
     FT	Barcelona (Spa)	3 - 1	Werder Bremen (Ger)
     FT	Panathinaikos (Gre)	1 - 2	Udinese
     [B]Champions League - Group D[/B] 
     FT	Lille (Fra)	0 - 0	Benfica
     FT	Manchester U. (Eng)	0 - 0	Villarreal (Spa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

mike65 wrote:
    I would'nt fancy being in the crowd for Fenerbahce - AC Milan if the former loose.

Mike.

I think Milan will go out, tbh. Tough game tonight against Schalke. Lost in the wkd 3-1 to Fiorentina. To be going to Istanbul to win is a no hoper. It's won and lost tonight.

Okay I suffered through the 90 minutes of "football" at Old Trafford last night. Someone care to recommend me a game to watch tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Okay I suffered through the 90 minutes of "football" at Old Trafford last night. Someone care to recommend me a game to watch tonight?

If you have access to watch Real Madrid vs Lyon should be a good one!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Kulgan wrote:
    If you have access to watch Real Madrid vs Lyon should be a good one!

Yeah thats the game ill be watching. Just find yourself a live stream of it if you dont have Sky Digital which I dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The best three to watch IMO are:

FC Porto v Rangers
    Fenerbahce v AC Milan
    Real Madrid v Lyon

I'll be watching the Milan match.

Yeah I'll probably watch it so. Otherwise its Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

My god is anyone watching Dunphy here. The chap is going mad over Keane.
    just threw his microphone on the table because Brady challenged him over Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Aye, lol at Dunphy calling Bill a thug! There will be repercussions from this outburst methinks....

What channel is Madrid on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, just so we don't end up highjacking the thread, might be worth continuing the Dunphy discussion on the Roy Keane thread, there's a few comments there already.

Man, I couldn't have been more wrong about last night :(

I'll most definately be watching Madrid vs. Lyon tonight.

Wheres it on, though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Sky sports

1-0 Chelsea, Crespo!

2-0 Carvalho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Figo with a goal and assist for my FF team. :)

Fenerbache 0 - 1 Milan

Milan cut out a Fenerbache attack. Seedorf plays a long pass up to Shevchanko who outpases his marker and puts the ball between the 'keepers legs. Milan could be further in the lead if they were more incisive. They look good enough to win but I'm worried that Fenerbache could scramble an equaliser. They've caused Milan sever trouble down Milan's right hand side on three occasions now.

• Advertisement

2-0 to Milan early in the second half. Sheva with a great low strike from the edge of the semi-circle of Fenerbache's box.

3-0. It's the Shevchenko show. :)

Lyon have equalised in the Bernabeu. Good stuff. Porto are leading Rangers 1-0.

4-0, Shevchenko again!

Great work by Vieri to draw two defenders towards him. He then plays it across for Sheva to tap it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Did Dunphy get ejected?!

What a goal from Carew, remaniscent of Henry vs. Charlton!

Disappointing in terms of goals, I thought there would be 4 or 5, but a pretty open game, decent throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn it I missed Dunphy, I hope someone was taping and can make a mpeg!

Mike.

In a Liverpool vs. Real Betis pre-match analysis, I'm not so sure Liverpool or Betis ever came into the conversation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Another cracking 2 nights of the best players in the world having a kickabout.

Cant believe Carew tried and embarassed Casilas like that, goal of the night Rivaldos screamer!
    Sky deserve applause for the 8 matches on one screen, its what big tvs were made for :)

Lol gotta love the Pool and Utd fans and general PL fans with their CL sucks etc:.
    Maybe if they actually watched the good teams with the good players playing might have a different view.

kdjac

I can't wait to see the highlights of Real vs Lyon. Tonights AC Milan match was a cracker, but maybe I'm biased because I'm a Rossonero. Some beautiful football was played in Istanbul tonight by both sides.

To be honest, I haven't seen (as in watched for 90 minutes) an exciting match involving an English team in the CL all season. :-/ Any match I've watched between teams from the Continent has been very enjoyable at worst. (Note: I didn't see Juve vs Brugge yesterday)

I'm not having a dig at Premiership clubs, I'm just recounting what I've seen. The CL group stages have some terrific football, like KdjaC said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement